joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2012 Winter Banter Thread #3

yoda

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's a thread for good vibes at least till the models go south. Then again we're driving blind outside of three days.

The way this winter has been going it is highly unlikely it will not go south. Plus we need more cold air and even if the storm come up the coast who know if it will be powerful enough to create enough for us.

Just checkin the temperature on expectations here. Does anyone really think we get the biggest snow of the season this weekend?

I'm an optimistic weenie and I have to honestly say that I really don't think we get anything at all. I've seen how often timing the streams works out and I don't even remember the last time it did. Last year's big snow came from an ull. All the other split stream events didn't materialize or whiffed from dc metro south. This year makes it even more apparent how tough it's going to be.

otoh- it has to happen eventually...

Just checkin the temperature on expectations here. Does anyone really think we get the biggest snow of the season this weekend?

I'm an optimistic weenie and I have to honestly say that I really don't think we get anything at all. I've seen how often timing the streams works out and I don't even remember the last time it did. Last year's big snow came from an ull. All the other split stream events didn't materialize or whiffed from dc metro south. This year makes it even more apparent how tough it's going to be.

I am far from an expert but just from being on these boards for ages, and seeing tons of storms it is a very low probability.

no

All it will take is 1.8" where I am :lol:

All it will take is 1.8" where I am :lol:

I haven't even measured this year. I've done particularly bad imby this year. The problem has been that I need to measure immediately after the snow stops. I keep getting sidetracked for like 15 minutes making a snack or feeding the dog and by the time I get outside with the ruler it's all gone.

Even after the euro I just have a gut feeling that nothing happens. No snow down south either. This is a deja vu modeled storm. Been here, done this, never shoveled afterwards.

Archived