Newest Member
    amirah5
February 10-12 Potential

earthlight

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously? Do you not understand how dynamic of a set up this is

More like could be if things came together better. I actually got a nice coating on Wednesday and had snow left in shady spots until this morning. That was on par with the October event here and thus tied for 2nd for the season. I got a measly 2 inches during the January event. So im going with a coating again (here aka the snow hole of ny)

More like could be if things came together better. I actually got a nice coating on Wednesday and had snow left in shady spots until this morning. That was on par with the October event here and thus tied for 2nd for the season. I got a measly 2 inches during the January event. So im going with a coating again (here aka the snow hole of ny)

I thought he was being sarcastic.

HRRR looks great for the area.People are going nuts in CVS lol.

That's easy to say for those who only looked at the future radar and not at the QPF amounts and P-type... through hour 15 NYC barely gets an inch of snow despite the nice looking storm on the radar. Besides, the HRRR/RR didn't handle the last storm very well, I think one of their runs that evening even initialized with a 25dbz band covering most of NYC.

I remember the models cutting QPF like crazy last year for the early Jan event that brought 4-6" to the area right before the Jan 11-12 event. I think right before it hit we were down to .1-.25" areawide. We all know the storm will be very disorganized and patchy, so you take what you can get. Maybe it will surprise on the high end. Southern stream was just too fast and took the main storm out before the northern branch could phase into it.

Right now I think it's mostly a sloppy 1-2", spot 3" maybe around Upton-Riverhead.

Archived