amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 10-12 Potential

earthlight

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We went from almost a big snowstorm on the models yesterday to nothing tonight. Unfrigginbelieveable. The models yesterday were focusing on the wrong low.

Yep, and looking at the latest guidance, the Inverted Trough is probably going to be south of NYC, probably near C NJ and KPHL if the RUC and HRRR are to be believed.

Heck of lot different than 29 years ago on this day....

*Still* might be the best storm I've seen out here....(was not weather fan prior to 1982 so was not paying close attention in '78)....though moved to area in '71.

*Still* might be the best storm I've seen out here....(was not weather fan prior to 1982 so was not paying close attention in '78)....though moved to area in '71.

it is my #1 storm of all time, originally a couple days before it was suppose to be a huge storm up to a foot, then they backed off considerably that night and morning to 1-3 then all of a sudden it was snowing in the morning and we got an immediate earlier dismissal from school...we had 3-6 by about 3PM and then it kept snowing and snowing and the totals kept going up and up and then thundersnow and then when all was said and done....over two feet in my backyard

William, did it have more snow than Jan 96 for your location?

I was in Plainview (Nassau County) in '83....my measurements weren't quite as careful back then...but I'd say the totals were pretty close...it was just the rapidness of '83 that was so fantastic...cloudy at noon...snow by 1:00 PM....heavy by 3:30....and then *extremely* heavy after that....I went outside for a few minutes...and that was a *true* whiteout...

We went from almost a big snowstorm on the models yesterday to nothing tonight. Unfrigginbelieveable. The models yesterday were focusing on the wrong low.

You mean it's believable. Consider the winter we're in. This isn't the pattern of the last 2 winters with the great blocking, when you could count on most things going right. This winter, it's wise to assume that things will go wrong. It just isn't our winter. We were due for one like this.

it is my #1 storm of all time, originally a couple days before it was suppose to be a huge storm up to a foot, then they backed off considerably that night and morning to 1-3 then all of a sudden it was snowing in the morning and we got an immediate earlier dismissal from school...we had 3-6 by about 3PM and then it kept snowing and snowing and the totals kept going up and up and then thundersnow and then when all was said and done....over two feet in my backyard

Yep...never forget Mr G. conceding, at 6:30 PM the night of the storm, that the "computers reversed themselves" overnight....I *still* have the Weather Channel videotape from that night....when TWC was good..and I mean *very* good...

So, if nothing else, we do have history on our side (which Napolean once described as "a set of lies universally agreed upon")...Nature does tend to smile on this area, snow-wise, on February 11th...

ARW and NMM are horrible for everyone on the east coast, even SNE and New England.

I think they are both NAM based products; so not suprising...

Archived