amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
NYC/Tri-State Area Obs/Disco

Nikolai

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again the negatively tilted trough with a strong 500 vort proves dangerous for the area...especially eastern sections...this is similar to what happened on 12/11/93 though its on a smaller scale.....12/27/04 is somewhat similar...it seems that very strong 500 vorts with surface lows over New England at least have the potential to produce areas of heavy snow in the NYC metro...there are probably other examples but I can't recall them.

Wow, thats nuts....its hard to believe someone in NW Nassau would have seen that much too...that may be an error.

Its more like southeastern or south central Nassau.  There was a continuous area of heavier snow over there but it does seem like a bit much lol.

4 inches in Levittown?  Maybe in a drift....The snow I had was very hard to messure bare ground next to a couple of inches against a wall.

Yeah it does seem like a bit much-- but I mean we've had over 12 hours of continuous snow lol.  How much did you measure?

Yeah it does seem like a bit much-- but I mean we've had over 12 hours of continuous snow lol. How much did you measure?

I didnt measure but walking to the bus stop it was pretty much a solid coating so maybe a half inch? Very hard to tell with the snow being dry and the wind, some spots were bare while others actually had a few inches like next to a wall.

Not sure if attached correctly...tried to put a picture up...they salted the street, but you get the idea...2-2.5 central nassau...btw, the mile difference between Albertson/Roslyn and Garden City saw about an inch less snow.

So Garden City / East Meadow / Westbury area only saw about an inch?

Lets see if any of the airports or the park recorded anything lol.

This frame gives you an idea where the best band set up.

that actually makes perfect sense to what we have all observed. Massapequa and levittown are in southeast nassau, the line then goes nw over my house in albertson/roslyn...and garden city is just south of that swath, missing out on the green...pretty crazy to see how much that verified

Archived