amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
NYC/Tri-State Area Obs/Disco

Nikolai

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again, the "warm temps beforehand" argument (although noone mentioned it) would have failed. We were in the mid 50s yesterday--as soon as we got below 30 or so, snow started sticking everywhere. Even the avenues are well covered (in MIDTOWN MANHATTAN). As long as the temp is 30 or below, snow generally doesn't have a problem sticking--anywhere.

Shortly before midnight, I measured roughly 1/10th of an of snow on the ground out here...which is also the monthly and seasonal total.

Is that stern looking man in Williams avatar William?

Light snow still falling...nice coating here.....pavement was covered, now whats left is blowing around. Salt run in the morning

I measured 0.3" at midnight. 0.4" on the picnic table, but that wasn't representative.

Whats interesting is how much warm air is with this storm now (on the warm side, of course). While its 21 and snowing in central park at midnight, its 36 degrees warmer (57) in Caribou, Maine. That might be close to a December record for them.

I measured 0.3" at midnight. 0.4" on the picnic table, but that wasn't representative.

Whats interesting is how much warm air is with this storm now (on the warm side, of course). While its 21 and snowing in central park at midnight, its 36 degrees warmer (57) in Caribou, Maine. That might be close to a December record for them.

Just checked CAR's website. the 57 reading at 11:59 PM broke the old record for the day by 13 degrees (44 in 1991). The climo record for CAR goes back to 1939.

Just checked CAR's website.  the 57 reading at 11:59 PM broke the old record for the day by 13 degrees (44 in 1991).  The climo record for CAR goes back to 1939.

Caribou ME is warmer than Miami Beach lol.  Looks like our snow is about to end though.  It was nice while it lasted!  Been snowing for 5 hours here.

Just looked at the News 12 traffic cams along the Northern State Parkway in Nassau County - they got some good looking snows over there...road is snow covered in many areas.

The roads were covered by 9 pm.  We got some good stuff coming right off the Ocean.  Blowing snow too. 

Just looked at the News 12 traffic cams along the Northern State Parkway in Nassau County - they got some good looking snows over there...road is snow covered in many areas.

I've been looking at these:

http://www.trafficland.com/city/ISP/camera/8937/index.html

Massapequa area looks like they've stayed under the best band the longest. I wouldn't be surprised if someone has 2".

I've been looking at these:

http://www.trafficla...8937/index.html

Massapequa area looks like they've stayed under the best band the longest.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone has 2".

Too bad we dont have more official snowfall reporting locations on Long Island.  That is something I'd pay more taxes for-- there should be at least 2 of them on the north and south shores of each county (and one in the middle.)

Archived