Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC/Tri-State Area Obs/Disco

Nikolai

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been snowing here since 8PM-- moderate at times.  I have about half an inch also, could get up to an inch tonight!  This would look even more awesome during the day!

Lots of wind with blowing snow greatly reduced visibilities and really treacherous roads!

It's been snowing here since 8PM-- moderate at times. I have about half an inch also, could get up to an inch tonight! This would look even more awesome during the day!

Lots of wind with blowing snow greatly reduced visibilities and really treacherous roads!

These kind of small snow events that come after warm air/rain are some of the most dangerous for commuters, since they solidify into ice on the roads, and road crews are often unprepared for them. Hopefully we don't hear news of too many accidents tomorrow morning.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. All of the local TV outlets are talking about the possibility of a coastal snowstorm on Sunday.

Which probably increases the likelihood of it not happening. :axe:

I wish I had the money to bribe TV mets into not talking about coastal storm opportunities until a couple of days in. Whenever they talk 7 days out about these things, more often than not they fail.

These kind of small snow events that come after warm air/rain are some of the most dangerous for commuters, since they solidify into ice on the roads, and road crews are often unprepared for them. Hopefully we don't hear news of too many accidents tomorrow morning.

Which probably increases the likelihood of it not happening. :axe:

I wish I had the money to bribe TV mets into not talking about coastal storm opportunities until a couple of days in. Whenever they talk 7 days out about these things, more often than not they fail.

I remember back in the early 90s seeing snow on the 5 day forecast and as we got closer it either changed to rain or partly sunny.  And we never saw a flake lol.

Archived