• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
NYC/Tri-State Area Obs/Disco

Nikolai

another sub-freezing day...where is everybody claiming this week was going to warmer than last????? So far we've racked up -17, -13 and a -11(with today assuming 30-23) temp departures

I don't think any day during the next week will get above 35... this is going to be a very solidly cold December, and the departure is looking like it should be -5/6 at the least...

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's high at the park looks like it was 30, a good 5 degrees below the forecast. We are on a hell of streak temp wise. We are -5.6 for the month if you include today.

Nice turn around from last summer lol.  Hot summers lead to cold and snowy winters more often than not. 

so far this month has been cold with little snow to show for it...Here is a list of months that averaged in the 20's in NYC with less than 6" falling for the month...

month....temp....snow"...

Feb 68.....28.9......1.1"...nina year

Dec 89.....25.9......1.4"...

Dec 55.....29.7......3.3"...nina year...

Jan 68.....26.7......3.6"...nina year...

Feb 63.....28.3......3.7"...nina year...

Feb 07.....28.2......3.8"...nino year...

Dec 58.....29.4......3.8"...

Jan 03.....27.5......4.7"...nino year...

Dec 76.....29.9......5.1"...nino year...

Jan 76.....27.4......5.6"...nina year...

NYC needs a -7.2 departure from the normal to average 29.9 this month...Possible if the pattern holds all month...If the next storm stays south again the chances for getting less than 6" for the month will go up...The four December months averaged below normal for precipitation...The other months averaged slightly below...

If it isnt going to snow i want it to be warm? What is the fun of cold weather? Freeze my ass off in my car in the morning, miserable being outside...if it isnt gonna snow, or no snow on ground, i want torch

Nooo, the cold without the snow is amazing as well. I love cold temperatures. They are an equally important part of winter.

so far this month has been cold with little snow to show for it...Here is a list of months that averaged in the 20's in NYC with less than 6" falling for the month...

month....temp....snow"...

Feb 68.....28.9......1.1"...nina year

Dec 89.....25.9......1.4"...

Dec 55.....29.7......3.3"...nina year...

Jan 68.....26.7......3.6"...nina year...

Feb 63.....28.3......3.7"...nina year...

Feb 07.....28.2......3.8"...nino year...

Dec 58.....29.4......3.8"...

Jan 03.....27.5......4.7"...nino year...

Dec 76.....29.9......5.1"...nino year...

Jan 76.....27.4......5.6"...nina year...

NYC needs a -7.2 departure from the normal to average 29.9 this month...Possible if the pattern holds all month...If the next storm stays south again the chances for getting less than 6" for the month will go up...The four December months averaged below normal for precipitation...The other months averaged slightly below...

Unc, thanks for the stats. There's that '55 again. Where was 2000 in the mix?

Unc, thanks for the stats. There's that '55 again. Where was 2000 in the mix?

Dec. 30th 2000 prevented that month from being a disaster...December 1970 is similar and it had a little snow/sleet on the 22nd and a good snowfall for New Years...both years were cold Christmas week into New Years day...

Dec. 30th 2000 prevented that month from being a disaster...December 1970 is similar and it had a little snow/sleet on the 22nd and a good snowfall for New Years...both years were cold Christmas week into New Years day...

Thanks Giuseppe,

I know, was curious the final monthly avg? Have you posted your christmas history for nyc yet?

Tony

Archived