• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
DT, Henry M, Steve D, JB Talk

TheTrials

24 hours prior to Blizzard of '83...heavy snow expected no further north than S. Jersey...a day later there was over a foot in parts of Massachusetts..not just the Cape but areas west of Boston...in fairness, numerical modeling / computer forecasts have come light years in the last 3 decades...

Thry haven't come far from about 1994 or 1995 but they came light years from 1983 to 1994 or 1995

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

24 hours prior to Blizzard of '83...heavy snow expected no further north than S. Jersey...a day later there was over a foot in parts of Massachusetts..not just the Cape but areas west of Boston...in fairness, numerical modeling / computer forecasts have come light years in the last 3 decades...

Its a real shame cause this couldve been a huge storm the radar looks awesome and to see it go to the south is heartbreaking ughh

Guest Patrick

I was only 5 years old, but I remember my father shoveling about 15 inches of partly cloudy here in NNJ.

Guest Patrick

...and I will send metfan $20, because NYC will only see 3-6" because he willed it so.

If we get that ill run through central park in a thong

Meanwhile the official forecast for tomorrow is

.SUNDAY...SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S. NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH.

Not partly cloudy, not chance of flurries or sprinkles. Sunny, as in not a cloud in the sky...no effect, no impact whatsoever. I think we would have to go at least 100 miles to our south to see any accumulation or maybe even 100 miles just to see a snowflake.

I am really getting tired of hearing about JB and his hullucinations.

I truely think JB has lost touch with reality. Now that I have said that the storm will probably come further north and give NYC accumulating snow and Frankdp23 will need to buy a thong for his run in Central Park. lol

Meanwhile the official forecast for tomorrow is

.SUNDAY...SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S. NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH.

Not partly cloudy, not chance of flurries or sprinkles. Sunny, as in not a cloud in the sky...no effect, no impact whatsoever. I think we would have to go at least 100 miles to our south to see any accumulation or maybe even 100 miles just to see a snowflake.

JB says 3-6 for nyc

JB update. 3-6" starts around Baltimore and south. Zippo for Phiily (maybe flurries).

How's that northward shift working out, Joe?

:lol:

Amazing forecasting prowess by JB. He finally catches on to what the rest of the planet already knew days earlier. What an absolute clown.

Guest Patrick

Irony would be if the models are still mishandling the s/w and underestimating the low...and it jogs north by 200 miles. lol.

Amazing forecasting prowess by JB. He finally catches on to what the rest of the planet already knew days earlier. What an absolute clown.

Archived