• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
DT, Henry M, Steve D, JB Talk

TheTrials

in the old days a ball traveled further than a ball that was hit a few times...now it seems like every player is facing a new ball...when i was in little league during the early 1960's ball players were discouraged from using weights...I don't think Hank Aaron used weights...It was a taboo back then..Swimming was recomended for ball players...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A-Roid , Bariod and the rest played in an era where roids were used...Who did and who didn't isn't clear...Only the ones that got caught will suffer...To me Roger Maris is still the single season home run king and Hank Aaron the lifetime king...

Completely agree---Sosa McGwire and Bonds all cheated so toss their records or asterik them. Same thing with A-roid

He's won 2 MVP's since he stopped the roids. In 2007, after the roids, he had one of the best seasons ever. He won't be the same now because he will be 37 and is aging.

Unlike you're normal illicit drug that only effects the mind the effects of steroids remain present long after the last dose (muscle memorie.) they do not last forever hence the downward progression seen in later years....

Unlike you're normal illicit drug that only effects the mind the effects of steroids remain present long after the last dose (muscle memorie.) they do not last forever hence the downward progression seen in later years....

It's called getting older, hence the downward trend. For examples, see every player that has ever played.

in the old days a ball traveled further than a ball that was hit a few times...now it seems like every player is facing a new ball...when i was in little league during the early 1960's ball players were discouraged from using weights...I don't think Hank Aaron used weights...It was a taboo back then..Swimming was recomended for ball players...

Discouraging baseball players from using weights was probably one of the single stupidest pieces of advice any trainer could ever give.

Discouraging baseball players from using weights was probably one of the single stupidest pieces of advice any trainer could ever give.

trainers back then are nothing like trainers today...Getting back to wind direction on a ball field, stadiums have home plate in the southern part and center field is north...When it's warm we usually see a sw wind...This would help carry balls further than a northerly wind on cool days...

Archived