Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
DT, Henry M, Steve D, JB Talk

TheTrials

from our philly thread...............

JB blog title this AM - "Sympathy for the Devil"

"I guess thats just about the way I felt, like the devil, when my son came into my office last night and said Dad, you are really getting slammed on the blogs, do you really think its going to get cold? After all the Fab Feb I had is a Feb Fib so far, and the set up to the 84-85 strat warm has not happened here in the states, though it certainly did in Europe. And of course your response, well we dont live in Europe. I dont expect sympathy for the devil, given the devil says things that dont happen so I realize where I stand in the winter weather loving community right now. Dont think its lost on me"

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Patrick

Yes...Ruggie is a pretty good forecaster iirc. He posted regularly at eastern.

Can't imagine what he is seeing...it's pretty obvious that once the primary takes over, that strung out mess to our SW is going to dissipate....unless there is a magic upper level disturbance that captures it and redevelops a true secondary storm. A blob on radar doesn't equal a snow bomb. I'm a weenie and even I can accept that. haha

Didn't he used to post here?

from our philly thread...............

"I guess thats just about the way I felt, like the devil, when my son came into my office last night and said Dad, you are really getting slammed on the blogs, do you really think its going to get cold? After all the Fab Feb I had is a Feb Fib so far, and the set up to the 84-85 strat warm has not happened here in the states, though it certainly did in Europe. And of course your response, well we dont live in Europe. I dont expect sympathy for the devil, given the devil says things that dont happen so I realize where I stand in the winter weather loving community right now. Dont think its lost on me"

There's a big difference between busting on a forecast versus irresponsible forecasting, and JB is guilty of the most blatant irresponsible forecasting one could imagine. He's out there with no model support, no rational argument, no bona fide signals for his iron-clad, looney, and consistently wrong positions. The height of his irresponsibilty and arrogance is his repeated claims that the models, and weather, will come around to his way of thinking. Huh? As someone else posted, the roids have probably fried this guy and he's just a shell of the forecaster he once was.

There's a big difference between busting on a forecast versus irresponsible forecasting, and JB is guilty of the most blatant irresponsible forecasting one could imagine. He's out there with no model support, no rational argument, no bona fide signals for his iron-clad, looney, and consistently wrong positions. The height of his irresponsibilty and arrogance is his repeated claims that the models, and weather, will come around to his way of thinking. Huh? As someone else posted, the roids have probably fried this guy and he's just a shell of the forecaster he once was.

i was in now way shape or form making excuses for jb.......i was just passing the info along from our thread

JB says winter will return at the end of the month.

guess he is going for 3 weekends in a row being wrong - he is a sucker believing that GFS model long range . he needs to really rethink what he is doing because alot of people think he is turning into a clown like henry

guess he is going for 3 weekends in a row being wrong - he is a sucker believing that GFS model long range . he needs to really rethink what he is doing because alot of people think he is turning into a clown like henry

Henry is nowhere near as bad as jb. JB i mean i dont get it with him. Hes very knowledgable and well respected in the field of meteorology but his ego gets in the way and makes him look foolish. Why he cant just call it like it is and not hype us so much when clearly chances are slim at best for a certain storm is beyond me. Look hes a great meteorlogist who has an insatiable fondness and for weather and the desire to be the best at it he just needs to gather himself and be more rational and forecast instead of wishcast.

Somewhere back in this thread are tweets from JB claiming that places along 40 north would make up snowfall to the extent they would be nearing normal over the next 3 weeks. Said this a couple weeks ago. He also said 2 or 3 weeks ago that by now we would all be asking where spring was. Interesting, considering many of us will see short sleeved weather later this week.

There are only one of two possibities for JB's incompetence. He has either made a calculated gamble that it is better to string out fantasy wishcasts to keep weenies following along, (even at the price of his reputation). Or, he is just a really really bad forecaster.

I actually think it's option 1. He's become the Lindsay Lohan of forecasters. When talent doesn't exist at an intensity enough to make you rise above others, you instead rely on being the outrageous one in the group. It's too bad, there was a time, many years ago when I first followed his columns, when he was informative and grounded in his profession.

Looks like Weatherbell is now offering free trials......

:D

I'm gonna start a site called WeatherBuck. It's gonna cater to the I-95 crowd. Every discussion will focus on the upcoming KU threat. My subscription fee will be HALF of whatever weatherbell charges. In addition, I will guarantee WeatherBuck will always be the FIRST to have called the storm.

Weenies, PM me your credit card info.

Thanks!

I'm gonna start a site called WeatherBuck. It's gonna cater to the I-95 crowd. Every discussion will focus on the upcoming KU threat. My subscription fee will be HALF of whatever weatherbell charges. In addition, I will guarantee WeatherBuck will always be the FIRST to have called the storm.

Thanks!

You're giving away JB's secrets. The best part is you never/ever have to worry about silly things like forecast verification, accuracy, accountability, honesty, and any sense of responsibility.

Thanks!

LOL-JB acted like he was the only one who saw this weekend's storm. Not sure where he came up with that--regardless, he was horrible on it-busting on call #1 and mostly busting on call #2. Awful couple weeks for him in a terrible winter overall for him..he's always bad in warm winters

Archived