Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Hudson Valley Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah these storms can be fun- especially if we can keep the rain out.

It's funny, but until I came across this forum way back when - I used to think I was the only freak who loved winter storms lol

Considering how most of Dec went, shaping up to be a decent week with the light Xmas eve event and tonight- and hopefully we get a little more action on Sat- I see they raised the chances from 30% to 50%

Anyone hear anything about that potential? Is it a non event or perhaps a little something interesting?

Yeah temps are creeping up.. Curious to see if we go above freezing

Looks like a lull in the precip for most of us the next hour or so. I'm feeling good about renewed heavy precip once the secondary low gets cranking, the radar fills in, and that convection in Jersey rotates north, but the lull should allow temps to continue to rise for now. I'm at 31.8/30 so I'm straddling.

Moderate Snow here

Temp of 32.8

Yeah, just flipped over here too. Driveway on a hill, big mess this morning. Snow blower was useless as it game out the chute like glop. Shoveling was a heart attack waiting to happen. Took 20 min to get my wife's car from garage to the street, jamming my way up the hill and rolling back down. But my persistence (and her 4 wh. drive) payed off. She's at work and I can go back to bed and take a nap. I guess I finished up between 5-6" for the storm but the ZR really matted it down.Maybe Saturday will be another 3-6" (of fluff this time) :santa:

Archived