• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Hudson Valley Thread

Its practically your backyard lol.. How far are you from MGJ?

About two miles south of MGJ. They do have three snow guns which are used first on half the tubing hill, then the second half of the tubing hill. Each half has 5 lanes so when both sides open up there are 10 lanes of sliding fun! Once all 10 lanes have enough snow they will then start making snow for the sledding hill. Due to the warm December we've had they are behind on the snow making but they now making up for lost time.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah i probably will, thats not a bad drive for me at all.

I still need to be talked out of driving to lake placid and home in one day tomorrow though. :lol:

Here's a tip if you come up here, park at the bottom of the hill for sledding. If you come back for tubing then you'll want to park at the top of the hill near the lodge. Too bad I'm working today or I could meet you up there and maybe sneak you a libation ;)

About two miles south of MGJ. They do have three snow guns which are used first on half the tubing hill, then the second half of the tubing hill. Each half has 5 lanes so when both sides open up there are 10 lanes of sliding fun! Once all 10 lanes have enough snow they will then start making snow for the sledding hill. Due to the warm December we've had they are behind on the snow making but they now making up for lost time.

After this weekend they should have close to 10" of natural snow on the ground.. Nice little base there :)

Just my 2 cents.............Not too excited around here for this storm. Primary low stayed together well to our west and it's snows are going up to the areas that got nailed a couple of days ago. The coastal forming looks to slam SE New England with our area being an in between screw zone as the energy transfers over us. There is a good steady push of snow coming from SE PA that will give us a couple of inches this afternoon but for us the 2 at most, 3 inch snow fest should be winding down by dinnertime. One of my old snow adages that usually works pretty well is that when a storm starts off like this (on and off for an extended period, or poor flake size or pellets), it usually means the storm will under perform. Hope I'm wrong.

What do you guys think for us in the HV? Agree with the 4-6 from the NWS? I was wondering if we were going to be stuck in between the decaying storm and the coastal, but the radar seems to be filling in nicely so far.

I'm not too excited about Outside of a 10 minute burst of sn+ it's not done anything imby. Lets see what the afternoon brings.

OK, much better! This is probably one of the best snowflake shots I've gotten. Awesome structure to these dendrites in the last few snow flurries. I didn't think it'd be possible to get good closeup shots in the dark, but I used an LED flashlight and the flakes really caught and reflected the light. I won't spam any more files, just thought this was neat. :)

post-3401-0-29347700-1356841549_thumb.jp

Archived