Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The Hudson Valley Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM hires maps on ewall have like 2" liquid equivalent for everywhere from NYC to Albany which appears to be all snow everywhere but near the coast. I know its the furthest west model but if that were to happen it would probably be one of the biggest snowstorms ever for the area. My biggest snowstorm ever (since I moved to the HV in 1997) was January 3 2003 at 20"...this would be close lol.

That may be overdone, but you'll do pretty well. I think 15 inches is a good rough number for like Kingston/Saugerties. They expect 12.5 to 1 ratios.

NAM hires maps on ewall have like 2" liquid equivalent for everywhere from NYC to Albany which appears to be all snow everywhere but near the coast. I know its the furthest west model but if that were to happen it would probably be one of the biggest snowstorms ever for the area. My biggest snowstorm ever (since I moved to the HV in 1997) was January 3 2003 at 20"...this would be close lol.

Someone is gonna see 24-30" out of this within our area.. Whether its in N Westchester or Eastern Orange County someone will. It always happens. Especially in the favored areas.

I hearby on this lonely 1000 ft. hilltop here in Monroe, willingly volunteer to take one for the team and be buried with the secondary max

In Goshen the snow intensity is wavering between flurry’s to light with the radar western edge moving around Orange County. If and when the phase push’s heavier QFP in to OC the snow will be wet and heavy causing tree damage.  29F, breezy at times 1.6 on the ground for the day

In Goshen the snow intensity is wavering between flurry’s to light with the radar western edge moving around Orange County. If and when the phase push’s heavier QFP in to OC the snow will be wet and heavy causing tree damage.  29F, breezy at times 1.6 on the ground for the day

Moderate here but flakes are smallish. About 2.5" so far

3.7 in Goshen as of 6:00PM light snow.

4.4 as of 8:30PM. I can hear the wind howling above me, some gusts making it down to the ground.26F, snowfall rate not so good.

This storm has been much to do about very little for us as we've been stuck in the dry slot for hours. Oh well, can't win em all.

Archived