• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Hudson Valley Thread

I'm just hoping for at least the little bit that I need to push me over 40" for the season, I'm sitting at 39 and change right now.  Then I'll take Spring please.

I bet you were surprised when you looked out the window this morning.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9.5" here with not much falling from the sky... just a lot of blowing and drifting. Epic storm, all things considered! If winter has to end, this is a great way to send it off. Radar looks to be drying out and it seems most lifting mechanisms are dissipating, but it looks like there could be some flakes for a while still. 33/28.

qhkmu70.jpg

e2sc3RQ.jpg

I bet you were surprised when you looked out the window this morning.

To say the least, I skipped right over 40" and then 45".  I had 7" when I left the house at 8am but I know more came after that, I have to see if my brother was home and toke measurments.  How much did you wind up with?

9.5" here with not much falling from the sky... just a lot of blowing and drifting. Epic storm, all things considered! If winter has to end, this is a great way to send it off. Radar looks to be drying out and it seems most lifting mechanisms are dissipating, but it looks like there could be some flakes for a while still. 33/28.

qhkmu70.jpg

e2sc3RQ.jpg

I agree, a great way to send this winter off.

12.3" here using the snow board method . Snow has tapered off.

Nice!

All things considered the NAM had correct placement of max precip it was just too wet as usual. 

9.6" was my final here.. Put me over 50" for the season and within a couple inches of my avg snowfall. 

Once again the jackpot award goes to eastern orange county.. lol smh You guys should be over 60" right now.

I wasn't tracking it during the storm, I measured 10.2 after it stopped. Since it was so wet and heavy who knows what it actually was if I measured correctly during the event.  

To say the least, I skipped right over 40" and then 45".  I had 7" when I left the house at 8am but I know more came after that, I have to see if my brother was home and toke measurments.  How much did you wind up with?

The backend of the rain is flying towards the NE, looks to be over the area in about an hour. I'm glad to see the euro is backing off the large storm for next week, I'm ready for warmer temps and working on the lawn and garden. :frostymelt:

The backend of the rain is flying towards the NE, looks to be over the area in about an hour. I'm glad to see the euro is backing off the large storm for next week, I'm ready for warmer temps and working on the lawn and garden. :frostymelt:

It may have backed off on the large storm but we'll still have to wait a bit for the warmer temps.

Slant stick measuring again? LOL

I'm telling you, down here on this mountain in Eastern Orange County the snow finds me. LoL .My back deck still has a thin covering from the snow on Saturday with some patches on the lawn. I wasn't even that surprised with the 15" here last storm, it seems to always over perform here. Coming up there next Monday, probably during another big storm. The winter that would never end.......

I'm telling you, down here on this mountain in Eastern Orange County the snow finds me. LoL .My back deck still has a thin covering from the snow on Saturday with some patches on the lawn. I wasn't even that surprised with the 15" here last storm, it seems to always over perform here. Coming up there next Monday, probably during another big storm. The winter that would never end.......

:thumbsup:

I told many folks that I thought March wouldn't dissappoint; i.e. that there would be more than a few "threats" if not hits

29.0/23 Mod snow.

:thumbsup:

I told many folks that I thought March wouldn't dissappoint; i.e. that there would be more than a few "threats" if not hits

That you did Andy. When will we warm up for good? I need to get back to fishing LG! Looking forward to kicking it back on the boat and relentlessly casting for the "Big One".  :sizzle:

29.0/23 Mod snow.

That you did Andy. When will we warm up for good? I need to get back to fishing LG! Looking forward to kicking it back on the boat and relentlessly casting for the "Big One".  :sizzle:

Me too but if we're going to get a late season storm it best be a record breaker. Yearning for fishing on LG and trout season on my favorite streams and brooks in April. I think this year will be a good year for such as I will be able to fish for a change.

Touche.....That you did call in early Feb. Anyhow, snowing to beat the band now, about 2" OTG. Cars are off the road all over the place as people can't navigate the hilly terrain

I get lucky once in a while. LOL except for lotto and early retirement. Too many NYC wannbe NC drivers and faux-4wheel drivers down there. Those schmucks down you way feel compelled to drive the worse the wx gets and they can't drive even when its good add the DWO driver (  ;-)      LOL  ) and no wonder why they're driving off the road

28.5/26 Light snow. Guesstimate about 5" otg. Haven't got a chance to get out and measure.

Me too but if we're going to get a late season storm it best be a record breaker. Yearning for fishing on LG and trout season on my favorite streams and brooks in April. I think this year will be a good year for such as I will be able to fish for a change.

You can have the record breaker........I'm ready for spring. :sun:

May try some fishing on the Schroon River in April when I head up there to open my friends house for the season. Any good spots along the river you recommend?

Too many NYC wannbe NC drivers and faux-4wheel drivers down there. Those schmucks down you way feel compelled to drive the worse the wx gets and they can't drive even when its good add the DWO driver (  ;-)      LOL  ) and no wonder why they're driving off the road

LOL...So true. My 6" last night has brought me up to 70" for the season. Not too shabby for an hours drive from the GWB

Wow, I'm around 53-54".

Probably the early storms which were more elevation dependent. I got dumped on in October for the second consecutive year.   Even the innocuous events like this past Saturday where a dusting was forecast, I pulled out 1.5". I live just a little more than 5 min. from the 87/17 interchange but my temps are often 3 degrees colder as I quickly go up in elevation.

Archived