Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The Hudson Valley Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That band delivered for me, got about 13 on the ground here total. The clean up wasn't bad for me, luckily its all powder ;). Roads are in decent shape between Campbell Hall and Middletown but there is a sneaky layer of ice on pavement that isn't treated yet so watch that.

Looks like a nice dump occurred overnight, glad to hear its powder I’m heading out shortly.

Got a hefty coating of snow this morning (too raw outside to bother getting a scientific measurement :)) and now drizzling at 35/34. The new coating seems to be taking the brunt of the rain, so I'm feeling good about most of Saturday's snowpack sticking around. If it had to rain, this is the way to do it!

I had about .20 of snow/sleet/ice and was thinking the same thing, it will help protect the snow pack.  Lots of things to track on the models this week!

Seeing some grass already in the negative drift space. Still a good 8 or 9" in the middle of open fields though.

I saw grass on Saturday at the top of the hill thanks to the wind. Looks like 8" at the snowstake this morning. Aside from about 2.5 days I've had some snow in my yard along the woods everyday since 12/25. It wasn't much at times but it was still there, not too shabby. Maybe later I'll go measure how much is there now.

I see you tried to bring a dose of reality to the NYC weekend storm threat thread. That forum is unreadable. Nathan's is jealous of the amount of weenies in there.

Yeah, very little actual info being produced there. Seems like the modest dose of snow this weekend was just enough to get everybody craving more. I'm as invested as anybody in the pattern the next couple weeks, and I'd love to be wrong, but I think some folks are doing themselves disjustice by banking on specific solutions instead of accepting that the potential is broad and diffuse.

That's impressive about your snow on the ground since December! I'm sure there's been a couple weekly intervals IMBY since then with nothing on the ground. Don't know if you've ever heard of the Snow Hole near the NY/MA/VT triple point, but apparently it holds snow and ice all summer long. Might have to go check that out. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Hole

Seeing some grass already in the negative drift space. Still a good 8 or 9" in the middle of open fields though.

The rain and temps are turning it in to a waterlogged mess. I'd guess its lost half of its height or more by now. If we could swing 48 hours of below freezing temps and solid cloud cover it would stick around until St Pats   ;)

Archived