e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Jan 20th snow event

Thundersnow12

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew it was a good idea to not get excited over here. The models appear to be lifting the west end of the band back north, to the detriment of many in Iowa.. As cyclone said, the 00z Euro not budging was a red flag for us on the sw edge. I've gone from 0.5" back down to 0.2" on the NAM. The Euro has never really had more than 0.2" here.

I knew it was a good idea to not get excited over here. The models appear to be lifting the west end of the band back north, to the detriment of many in Iowa.. As cyclone said, the 00z Euro not budging was a red flag for us on the sw edge. I've gone from 0.5" back down to 0.2" on the NAM. The Euro has never really had more than 0.2" here.

That is one of the trends that I have been noticing as well more of a WNW to ESE oreintated band in Iowa and Minnesota

I forsee LOT either adding a row of counties (to the south) to the warning or lumping them in with an advisory that will likely be added for the souther half of LOT

Not sure if an advisory will be need for the entire southern half, might just add a row and convert the whole thing to a WWA, warning criteria looks isolated and winds a non-factor.

The SREF site has some pretty cool winter weather graphics. It is indicating ratios of 25:1 on the northern flank of heaviest snow band, but in Iowa and Illinois it is not nearly as excited about ratios.

The SREF spread is still pretty large with quite a few rather north/warm and still shows mean ratios around 13-15:1 for far northern Illinois, it's not all that bad.

Who are you tell what people can say?

First: He was on topic

Second: wasn't complaining

Third: Probably wasn't here for that conversation

lol it's not that big of a deal. Still sticking with the heaviest snows north of Detroit?

thats what baffled me and as well him - models showing good consensus qpf for us and their rpm backs off....and 11 is calling for 3-6 which is very aggressive for them...

Yeah, that really is strange, nothing, I mean nothing suggests that low of any amounts

lol it's not that big of a deal. Still sticking with the heaviest snows north of Detroit?

Yeah, that really is strange, nothing, I mean nothing suggests that low of any amounts

lol.

Nope I guess I have shift that 5" band from 696 to about Monroe.

Im really intrigued on whats going on now. Very Intense snow in Oakland cty :)

Archived