• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
10 Days In Hell...........Fire shall rain down upon thee

Mr Torchey

The week long torch continues, day 3 these morning lows are obnoxiously high...........the beat goes on, and another Rainer for SNE in the heart of winter.........what a failure to say this torch was not coming, the doubters look foolish.

Spring time morning!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The week long torch continues, day 3 these morning lows are obnoxiously high...........the beat goes on, and another Rainer for SNE in the heart of winter.........what a failure to say this torch was not coming, the doubters look foolish.

Spring time morning!

I think most of the reasonable posts knew we'd have a milder period in here, but the expectations for a "torch of all torches" and record breaking stuff was a total fail by the models...guidance got it wrong from over a week ago.

I think most of the reasonable posts knew we'd have a milder period in here, but the expectations for a "torch of all torches" and record breaking stuff was a total fail by the models...guidance got it wrong from over a week ago.

He was expecting the long lasting "intergalacticplanetary mega torch."

Agree......but its still one hell of a torch, orh +12 mon, +23 yesterday, today will be another huge number with these meager overnight lows........add em saturday and see how things shook out.

Any other winter +23 days would be a big deal, this winter its par for the course. Whats your snow pack situation?

LOL, you guys are hilarious, snow pack wiper outer, at least two rainers and +20++ days, denial is a b**ch. LOL, enjoy the 3rd torch day in a row.......off to the garden more pics coming for DQ>

The forecast was a failure...not that it hasn't been mild the last couple of days. The original prog was for days and days of +20 departures....we aren't even going to get one day of over +20 departure (yesterday was +19, not +23)

we'll see how this verifies when done.

Hit 60s last weekend easily, this torch overperforms whenever possible, 60s are a lock, la la la la lock it up, only question is who in the interior hits 70 during this infrerno.

So yeah, in terms of the expectations of your original premise in this thread...it was a bust. Jerry posted that the torch looked like it could be modified and "dirty" where the biggest departures come from night time lows...he ended up far more correct.

you know its bad when folks are arguing over whether it was +25 or +19....

There's a term we use called a "spinmeister" when people try and verify their forecasts after it busted. I busted in my Dec 23 snow call...called for 2-4" and we got a coating at the end...if I wanted to spin it, I could have said I verified because I called for snow and it did in fact snow...but that would be disingenuous...it was a busted forecast.

The debate earlier in the thread was the magnitude of how the torch would perform...the higher end forecasts busted...not the fact that it would be mild.

On the first page of this thread, you actually posted you thought it wouldn't perform up to expectations...you made a correct call. There's no need to try and spin an incorrect forecast. If people want to say how the cold shots earlier this season kept under performing, then there is no need to raise much fuss when people correctly claim that this warm spell under performed expectations....and the key word is "expectations"...its relative.

LOL, you guys are hilarious, snow pack wiper outer, at least two rainers and +20++ days, denial is a b**ch. LOL, enjoy the 3rd torch day in a row.......off to the garden more pics coming for DQ>

Get those peas in the ground! You'll have them in early April...a New England farmer's record! Don't forget the Off! Weeeeyyyaaaaaaa! (imagine a sound like Howard Dean made in 2004)

This is what a "torch of all torches" looks like...Jan 6-13, 2008 departures here (over a week's worth)

+15, +21, +30, +25, +14, +16, +13, +11.

Wow. I'd say we're lucky to not be in the middle of that, but I'd be lying. Lucky it would be if we were in the middle of that heatwave, but had already banked decent snow fall totals in SNE. That is obviously not the case as of now.

...[Cue Pete]: What are you talking about, Garth. It's been nothing but endless winter up here where food is brought in by Yaks, and O2 masks are required for breathing.

This is what a "torch of all torches" looks like...Jan 6-13, 2008 departures here (over a week's worth)

+15, +21, +30, +25, +14, +16, +13, +11.

I remember that month as a whole-one heck of a torch....I'd prefer that week you posted instead of what we're getting now. Better to be 60 and sunny vs 45 and raining(I know that not the point of your reply, but just sayin')

How come the basis of ALL of your posts is to try and get the most attention out of the SNE members?

It seems like you post thinking "how can I get the most people on Americanwx to view this single annoying post"

It seems like when you post a thought and no one replies to it, you come back a minute later with the same thought and like 4-5 Smileys with it. Then if no one replies to that, you just do it again. Rinse and repeat. Finally someone replies just to forfill your SNE member attention.

You're posts are like the 1877kars4kids commercials. Everyone hates them, but they're not enough to get you 5ppd.

How come the basis of ALL of your posts is to try and get the most attention out of the SNE members?

It seems like you post thinking "how can I get the most people on Americanwx to view this single annoying post"

It seems like when you post a thought and no one replies to it, you come back a minute later with the same thought and like 4-5 Smileys with it. Then if no one replies to that, you just do it again. Rinse and repeat. Finally someone replies just to forfill your SNE member attention.

You're posts are like the 1877kars4kids commercials. Everyone hates them, but they're not enough to get you 5ppd.

:lmao:

Who cares because in the end the sensible weather is about the same...cold and snow here and there surrounded by warmth.

Arguing over the depth of a torch when 7 of 24 days have been 10+ and 1 now at 20....(yesterday)...LOL.

Boston is +3.96 thru last night..that's a freaking torch.

+3.96 is warm but not incredibly so. Many a January in the past 20 years have been as warm or warmer.

+3.96 is warm but not incredibly so. Many a January in the past 20 years have been as warm or warmer.

Jan 2002 takes the cake in recent years...+7.5 at BOS...though 2006 gave it a run for its money at +7.2.

Coldest on record (at Logan airport) is 2004 at -9.0 and warmest is 1932 at +9.5...funny how we've had some real extremes in January the last decade. Makes something like 3 or 4 degrees off look like no big deal. I mean, Jan 2009 was close to -5 at most sites and most of us were like "meh, cold...but nothing like '04"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:sizzle::sun::sizzle::sun:

Jan 2002 takes the cake in recent years...+7.5 at BOS...though 2006 gave it a run for its money at +7.2.

Coldest on record (at Logan airport) is 2004 at -9.0 and warmest is 1932 at +9.5...funny how we've had some real extremes in January the last decade. Makes something like 3 or 4 degrees off look like no big deal. I mean, Jan 2009 was close to -5 at most sites and most of us were like "meh, cold...but nothing like '04"

To me, 6 is the threshold for remembering it for many years. This one may reach it yet but probably not.

Archived