CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 16-18th Potential Storm

dmc76

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thing is looking to be an all out blizzard with those low pressures and the highs off to the west. That's a heck of a gradient going from 1028 mb to 988 mb just a few states apart. Looks a little progressive though in that setup, maybe it pans out but I see it coming a little farther westerly than what that's showing :sled:

might have to pay up one bet before the 20th :poster_oops:

Never fails. Made that stupid bet last year and within 2 weeks I was in the hole. Pisses off the wx gods.

If I had two pennies to rub together I'd definitely do it again this year to get myself some snow. Although I think one has to pay off his debts from the previous season first for it to work :unsure: Otherwise, the gods know you're screwing with them.

If I were a betting man, I would say congrats Chi-Town and Bowme country.

People think Im SO optimistic all the time? I will throw a f*cking fit if that happens in ORD/MKE and we get rain or mostly rain! Im going to start treating the weather gods with as much ignorance and disrespect as many others on here do. Oh, futility records blah blah blah, it doesnt matter if theres 3 months of snow chances left....cant you see? A crappy start is undeniable sign that the entire snow season will remain that way. Its probably never ever going to snow!! Maybe SSC can give me some pointers on how to piss them off just right, luckily havent had to do that in a long time in Detroit...until this winter. :guitar:

lol Im afraid I dont get this one? Seattle?

Never mind lol. . Appears this storm will have a better chance to bring accumulating snow on the backside then this storm currently as the moisture looks to be a lot closer to the low. So we cant write off this thing completely.

People think Im SO optimistic all the time? I will throw a f*cking fit if that happens in ORD/MKE and we get rain or mostly rain! Im going to start treating the weather gods with as much ignorance and disrespect as many others on here do. Oh, futility records blah blah blah, it doesnt matter if theres 3 months of snow chances left....cant you see? A crappy start is undeniable sign that the entire snow season will remain that way. Its probably never ever going to snow!! Maybe SSC can give me some pointers on how to piss them off just right, luckily havent had to do that in a long time in Detroit...until this winter. :guitar:

If I knew what I was doing wrong, I'd definitely correct it. I think they just don't like the cut of my jib.

On another note, it's nice to see you getting frustrated a bit. ;) I don't mean it that way, but when you love something as much as you love snow, it's only natural to show some negative emotion when it's been so elusive.

this will help clear things up on the models in a few days . . . ;)

WEATHER RECONNAISSANCE FLIGHTS

CARCAH, NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER, MIAMI, FL.

1025 AM EST FRI 13 JANUARY 2012

SUBJECT: WINTER STORM PLAN OF THE DAY (WSPOD)

VALID 14/1100Z TO 15/1100Z JANUARY 2012

WSPOD NUMBER.....11-044

I. ATLANTIC REQUIREMENTS

1. NEGATIVE RECONNAISSANCE REQUIREMENTS.

2. OUTLOOK FOR SUCCEEDING DAY.....NEGATIVE.

II. PACIFIC REQUIREMENTS

1. NEGATIVE RECONNAISSANCE REQUIREMENTS.

2. SUCCEEDING DAY OUTLOOK:

A. P38/ Drop 9/ 16/0000Z

JWP

You talking like this? Must be 2012. The end is near. :o

Archived