• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 12-14 Potential storm

dilly84

If this nrn stream wave comes any further south and west it could be a fairly good storm for IL/WI/MI. Granted, its one run showing a nice event.

Lets see what the Euro does.

Really beefed up snow amounts

The trends on the GFS and Euro have been encouraging. Oh what could have been if that southern stream wave didn't run out so far ahead.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS throwing out some :weenie: s. Nice. Looks like a solid hit from northern IL on north and east. Hope it's on to something...though there is other guidance not named the NAM that give it a little credence I guess.

I think even we'd come close to squeezing out a couple inches on this run. Thermal profiles are pretty favorable for better than climo snow ratios.

I think even we'd come close to squeezing out a couple inches on this run. Thermal profiles are pretty favorable for better than climo snow ratios.

You're optimistic. I think we're too far south and too far removed to see much more than a solid dusting. Still, there should be some flakes flying, which will be nice.

BOWME GET BURIED!!!! :snowman::thumbsup:

gfs_namer_090_precip_p60_s.gif

Maybe something can actually go right on this side of the lake for once this season. Better chance I get drunk before buried in snow though.

I just seen inaccuweather has weeklies and ensembles.. Not that I can read them but its like weenie heaven to be able to see out to hr 762 on the euro.

I am going to be riding this storm out in Appleton, WI. (Up here for work)

I would love to see some solid snow while I am up here. Ideally the storm would be hitting here late at night so I could get out and enjoy it. Best of luck to all and lets hope this pattern flips for good til mid-March.

You're optimistic. I think we're too far south and too far removed to see much more than a solid dusting. Still, there should be some flakes flying, which will be nice.

It does spit out over .1" qpf as snow presumably with decent ratios so I don't think it's a stretch to say this run has 1-2"

It does spit out over .1" qpf as snow presumably with decent ratios so I don't think it's a stretch to say this run has 1-2"

Well I hope it's right then. I'll be driving north on Thursday, closer to but not close enough to the "good" snow...you know, if this really would happen.

I have a good feeling about this storm.. I think someone will get several inches in (S/E) Michigan..and I think that L/P will be just east of Detroit...good run, not bad. It actually deepens, not like the nam is showing.. the Low becomes dominant in Michigan..

agree^

Archived