Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Early Winter OES Cape/Islands/Far SE MA

Tropopause_Fold

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how do you have there?

Eyeballing only about an inch. I'll go check when it wraps up. Now it's accumulating as with these better echoes snow growth must bet better and THESE are the big puff balls that accumulate like crazy finally.

Earlier it was a status quo as it was falling and sublimating at about an equal rate after a coating.

Eyeballing only about an inch. I'll go check when it wraps up. Now it's accumulating as with these better echoes snow growth must bet better and THESE are the big puff balls that accumulate like crazy finally.

Earlier it was a status quo as it was falling and sublimating at about an equal rate after a coating.

cool...well looks like you have the opportunity to add a bit here in the next half hour or so.

let me know what you get for a total.

Probably another hour or so to go.

Sun is out while it snows, pretty funny.

If it snowed like this for another hour 2.5" would be about where we end up. What threw me off was looking at my lawn which needs to be mowed one more time. Normally about an inch covers it but it's way longer than I usually have it at the end of the fall so....

If it snowed like this for another hour 2.5" would be about where we end up. What threw me off was looking at my lawn which needs to be mowed one more time. Normally about an inch covers it but it's way longer than I usually have it at the end of the fall so....

Not surprised as you are right on the edge. Might be something where the sun is out and it's like 2SM -SN for the final 30 min.

lol

that's awesome...i'm out driving around the cape at 3am chasing the elusive oes bands...when really i could have gone to bed like a normal person and wake up this morning and go visit my sister and watch my niece play indoor soccer and i would have been in the best band of the event...somewhere fate is laughing at me...

We ended up with around 2". It may have been a little more but we lost some to melting in the last two hours. With the assistance of the hose I was able to make a few good snowmen with the kids. Scarfs, carrots, the works. Very warm ground didn't help accumulations.

I'm guessing this is a top 2 snowstorm for the winter here.

Pics?

I really enjoyed reading this thread guys... good stuff! Almost all of it reminds me of our meso-scale upslope/orographic snows up here... just waves of snow showers, some heavier than others, big flakes with good dendrite growth and the sun can be out while its snowing heavily in an odd way that only happens during meso-scale events.

That area right on the beaches near and north of Scott are getting some serious echoes right now.

What this radar does a great job of showing as well is the difference between the two sides of the canal. The 1.5" Sagamore report comes from the Cape side I believe, which was just west of the main band that setup. Although only about 6-7 miles from here the weather is often quite different where they can change up to an hour earlier in some patterns.

I've heard of up to 4" in the White Horse section but I would not report or accept the report as it's a recreational one. 2-3" is solid right under this stripe within a half mile of the beach. There is a LOT less snow 1/2 mile to my west than here.

Archived