Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Early Winter OES Cape/Islands/Far SE MA

Tropopause_Fold

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nam has some nice lift in the DGZ overnight.

There may be one or two bands that really have some good DBZs in it. DGZ is rather low and there may be some CAPE in that zone. I might be down on the south shore later on tonight anyways, so perhaps the HRRR is right with that NNE-NNW wind conv area.

if i chase, this is going to be a bit complicated to do it by myself...i have a dumb phone, so i have to bring a laptop, and then i have to map the MacDonalds locations that have wifi and will be open before i hit the road...in theory, all i need is a radar and road map...sounds simple, yet complicated...

if i chase, this is going to be a bit complicated to do it by myself...i have a dumb phone, so i have to bring a laptop, and then i have to map the MacDonalds locations that have wifi and will be open before i hit the road...in theory, all i need is a radar and road map...sounds simple, yet complicated...

Boy you are hard core if you are chasing.

I think you are looking at late night...just keep that in mind..

The snoinc 4"/hr over in Chatham was insane back in Feb '93. It wasn't directly OES, but defintely the ocean effect contributed to it.

Was thinking about 2/93 when I started looking at this thread...I was sick and out of school that week, and followed the event on TWC. I knew right then and there that I had to experience a big OES event on the Cape once in my lifetime. Hasn't happened yet...

Was thinking about 2/93 when I started looking at this thread...I was sick and out of school that week, and followed the event on TWC. I knew right then and there that I had to experience a big OES event on the Cape once in my lifetime. Hasn't happened yet...

Most of the time it's 2-4" type stuff. Many times we get ocean enhanced..meaning some extra snow from cold ne winds passing over the water. Sometimes it's in the form a more denser snow on the ground, but usually it can result in an extra inch or two down on the s-shore and Cape.Once in a while you'll get more enhanced stuff with an inv trough, but OES can be fickle. If the wind direction or a couple of parameters are off..it can be a mostly non-event.

It does look like a HYA east jackpot as some have said. I would think maybe another area near Scott as a "secondary" jackpot as well, but just a guess.

below

your spot is a tough call...i like that spot in these set-ups for that one band that always seems to want to set up n of ptown and run SSW on the western half of the bay.

Yes I agree. Looking at some of the higher res stuff I think I may be too far west but there's sometimes a nasty band on the left side.

First of the OES clouds just starting to pivot inland in the last hour. It has a ton of potential someone could get absolutely smoked tonight or it may be a more general but weak banded area of snow showers. Either way like you said Phil beats the warmth.

Two xmas parties tonight one of which is down your way, will be nice to SEE it look like winter.

Most of the time it's 2-4" type stuff. Many times we get ocean enhanced..meaning some extra snow from cold ne winds passing over the water. Sometimes it's in the form a more denser snow on the ground, but usually it can result in an extra inch or two down on the s-shore and Cape.Once in a while you'll get more enhanced stuff with an inv trough, but OES can be fickle. If the wind direction or a couple of parameters are off..it can be a mostly non-event.

well, at least we know that someone will get snow flakes...and some snowflakes is better than none? but yeah i highlighted your statement cause it could be a bust if i drive down to the cape...but i don't live too far from the cape so, it wouldn't be that big of a deal...i like to drive aimlessly around the cape after midnight, doesn't everybody?

below

Yes I agree. Looking at some of the higher res stuff I think I may be too far west but there's sometimes a nasty band on the left side.

First of the OES clouds just starting to pivot inland in the last hour. It has a ton of potential someone could get absolutely smoked tonight or it may be a more general but weak banded area of snow showers. Either way like you said Phil beats the warmth.

Two xmas parties tonight one of which is down your way, will be nice to SEE it look like winter.

Yes definitely beats what we've had going recently...even if just flurries. Lol.

You're not kidding. Back in the '90's, we had an OES and it snowed 5" on the east end of the island and we had nothing 5 miles to the west in town. Sometimes it is reversed and we get more on the west end.

well it has clouded over here...the sky has that "looks like snow" feel...but it is 40 degrees...

Yikes--30.6/16 here. I thought you were in Worcester county (?). Guess I havent' been paying attention to the temps across the region. How are the Cape temps doing? It looks like those echos are just clipping it with more up-stream.

Archived