Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Early Winter OES Cape/Islands/Far SE MA

Tropopause_Fold

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone has a not insignificant chance at 4" out of this on the Cape or PYM county.

There should be some snow extending back into the eastern half of MA and RI too...but probably just the mood snow..maybe a coating to an inch for someone lucky.

Thinking of asking the wife if she wants to check out that new mall on the Cape, oh there isn't one, guess we might as well drive around to find something.

Yep it's arich environment, where is Mesenger, he is in a great spot.

I think someone will see +SN for a bit down there. PYM county might get a little bit of land convergence enhancement for a time...but I think eventually the best bands will set up on the Cape.

I'm around Steve...just was out meeting a few college buds for the annual holiday get together. Cold out there tonight.

Glad to hear nothing changed for the worse. When I look at it I think of what Phil said earlier....surprising to see QPF for so many 3 hour increments on most all models. Not that typical of OES events and maybe a good signal that this one has a legitimate shot at producing.

Someone may cash in one where that NNE winds converge with NNW winds, It may set up near Messenger for a time, but the action could shift east. Coastal pym county is usually a climo spot for this, but it may shift east later on in the game. Some CAPE gets into the SG layer. If that happens, it may be 1/4SM for a period of time. Seems like some people could see several inches from this if it works out right.

Well hopefully someone gets plowable. It's still perhaps not the most "classic" setup, but some dam good parameters exist with instability pretty darn high.

I'd like to see the 850 winds a little more defined, but otherwise its pretty good. Its probably one of the better setups in a while for OES.

Its probably not "pure" OES either...there will be enhancement from the inverted trough.

Archived