Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
JB has 3-6" up to 8" w/third wave mid week

ChescoWx

I hope I'm in Florida.... :sun:

Seriously though, our forecast here IS getting a bit more wintry during the mid-week timeframe.

Wednesday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Thursday: A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

JB continues to hold to his orginal forecast as above states this AM.

"Here is the GFS which is probably what will be loaded into the point and clicks in many places and would fit with the idea that most mid and north atlantic snow events are shoved south by this model, before they have to trend north. Please keep in mind I have had one idea here on this last wave, and that I am showing you THE MODELS THAT AGREE WITH ME as they rotate around what I think will be the solution. I am not waffling, the models are and while there is a danger I will be wrong, I am holding my ground and showing you which is best I said to you, UNTIL THIS GETS INTO THE SOUTHERN PLAINS, THE MODELS WILL NOT HANDLE IT. There is no trend per se, just the model trying to throw darts at the dart board. My reasons are simple Positive nao and the knowledge that in global models, small pockets of cold like this are often underdone until they are out of the southern rockies which wont be till tomorrow anyway

I agree with his low track, I just don't know where he is getting cold air for the system to go to snow

the low level cold is going to have a hard time pushing into the coastal plain. Their is really no mechanism to drive the cold air into it untill the storm passes, its more of an ooze in before hand. Sill favor the areas that got nailed in the oct storm has the best shot again...elev will help

the low level cold is going to have a hard time pushing into the coastal plain. Their is really no mechanism to drive the cold air into it untill the storm passes, its more of an ooze in before hand. Sill favor the areas that got nailed in the oct storm has the best shot again...elev will help

Agree, I briefed LNS-ABE today as the area with the best shot of accumulating snow

Tom,

He has said it will be similar spots to last time...but not as much..He did nail the last storm pretty far in advance -so maybe this is the year JB is on his game.

Tom,

He has said it will be similar spots to last time...but not as much..He did nail the last storm pretty far in advance -so maybe this is the year JB is on his game.

There will be a rogue 3-4" amount somewhere in this stripe and he'll claim verification.

Throw six more inches my way would be fine.Time to test my new snow blower. The six inches will smash ABE's record for total yearly precip and what a way to do it. Whenever a LP is ejected out of New Mexico, watch out TN Valley and eastern PA for snow and or severe weather. If the LP systems keep coming out of the SW, I see ice storms being an issue for us

JBs latest has NW Chesco near 3" line which expands to near 12" well NW of I95. I tried to post his map here but I am having trouble figuring how to post a pic after attaching. Looks like ABE to RDG and NW of there is the target zone for heaviest snows with his forecast. He has cities changing over but similar to 10/29 storm very little accumulation.

My Wxsim has just a little mixing toward end of storm...but it is basically the GFS at this range ( or as JB called the GFS this morning the JV)

JB continues to hold to his orginal forecast as above states this AM.

"Here is the GFS which is probably what will be loaded into the point and clicks in many places and would fit with the idea that most mid and north atlantic snow events are shoved south by this model, before they have to trend north. Please keep in mind I have had one idea here on this last wave, and that I am showing you THE MODELS THAT AGREE WITH ME as they rotate around what I think will be the solution. I am not waffling, the models are and while there is a danger I will be wrong, I am holding my ground and showing you which is best I said to you, UNTIL THIS GETS INTO THE SOUTHERN PLAINS, THE MODELS WILL NOT HANDLE IT. There is no trend per se, just the model trying to throw darts at the dart board. My reasons are simple Positive nao and the knowledge that in global models, small pockets of cold like this are often underdone until they are out of the southern rockies which wont be till tomorrow anyway

I'm not sure if this is a rip on the NWS or not. *OUR* point and click certainly doesn't "load" the GFS by default.

AccuWeather's did, but I've been gone several years so it may not do so any more.

am19psu.....what is yours?? While you may disagree, he (like his son Garrett) are putting something out for us to use/review. I am no met, but I am also not one to bash anothers efforts right or wrong, as they put something more than I did out there. Not saying you are, but some are "trigger happy" when he puts things out and like with the October call, he went on a limb far earlier than most. I applaud his efforts, right our wrong. It may be slightly aggressive, but yet some areas within his forecast, could see accums close to what he is thinking. In looking at his map, I would not assume everyone within that area gets the levels he suggests. JMO"s

Nut

am19psu.....what is yours?? While you may disagree, he (like his son Garrett) are putting something out for us to use/review. I am no met, but I am also not one to bash anothers efforts right or wrong, as they put something more than I did out there. Not saying you are, but some are "trigger happy" when he puts things out and like with the October call, he went on a limb far earlier than most. I applaud his efforts, right our wrong. It may be slightly aggressive, but yet some areas within his forecast, could see accums close to what he is thinking. In looking at his map, I would not assume everyone within that area gets the levels he suggests. JMO"s

Nut

I've been too busy at work today (working on the 2012 hurricane forecast of all things) to make a map, but I think I've made my forecast pretty well known. I much more bearish than Bastardi on amounts. His low track is fine, but I'd cut his amounts by roughly 1/2.

Nut

thanks, Garrett

Nut

I think am19psu has indicated how he disagrees with that snow map. Not all mets here are required to make their own maps to refute others.

Archived