• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Dec 5-6 Round Two? NAM brings "sling-shot" Upper Low into SW and the fun has just begun!

wxhstn74

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

winds have shifted NNW in ottawa the past couple hours and temps are slowly falling back now, still well above freezing though in the low 40s.

looks like cold air lurks up the ottawa valley, pembroke now with a dewpoint of 28.

changeover time is modeled to be around midnight. noticed that the models 'hang' the precip back more and more, so could be a 'light' accumulation possible.

here in MTL, we've got a long wait to get to freezing sometime tomorrow, maybe some slush in the city.

Hoping for a couple of slushy inches later this evening. If it happened it'd help ease the blow of potentially have to endure another EC snowstorm before we've even seen one.

I'm on the northern fringe of the city, so I'm hoping for an inch or two as well.

The east coast has been hammered by snow the past two years. The weather really has turned topsy turvy since February 2009. Places you wouldn't expect to see get a lot of snow (mid-atlantic, all 50 US states, France, UK) while places that are supposed to get it, and in many respects rely on it for tourism, see a snow drought.

I'm thinkin 2-5cm currently along the lakeshore and 4-10cm across the Northern regions.

It should relieve a bit of the pain from another East coast snowstorm possible <_<

Pretty bold. I'd probably half those considering how the models are typically too quick in rain>snow scenarios. But unlike yesterday, I'm now thinking we at least get something.

Hey TJ take a look at the HRRR... 4-6" lol

Ha I saw that and it's actually quite believable. Heavy sleet falling at my house right now and since the sun went down that temp has been just plummeting. Looking at how fast the air is freezing in the area I'd say we're at all snow in the next 45-90 minutes. Problem is there is no salt on the roads and if someone did put salt down it was washed off by the rain

Pretty bold. I'd probably half those considering how the models are typically too quick in rain>snow scenarios. But unlike yesterday, I'm now thinking we at least get something.

The only rain to snow scenario that I can remember really delivering is the storm early last march in Ottawa. Heavy rain changed to snow and gave us 6"!

I wouldn't be surprised if some areas of DTX's CWA end up with 2-3" especially along the East side. The radar is filling in nicely to the Southwest of the city and we look to at least have a good 6-10 hours of snowfall. Just need temps to drop a touch so it can stick more. That being said though I already have a coating on the lawn/cars here in Eastpointe.

I wouldn't be surprised if some areas of DTX's CWA end up with 2-3" especially along the East side. The radar is filling in nicely to the Southwest of the city and we look to at least have a good 6-10 hours of snowfall. Just need temps to drop a touch so it can stick more. That being said though I already have a coating on the lawn/cars here in Eastpointe.

Areas like Hillsdale shouldn't have a problem with that... they've had snow since 3PM. I already have .75-1" here in the last 2 hours.

Archived