• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Dec 5-6 Round Two? NAM brings "sling-shot" Upper Low into SW and the fun has just begun!

wxhstn74

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. Until then maybe one of our esteemed mets can chime in and explain why this thing is for sure going to become a crippling MW snowstorm. And why the models are playing catchup.

My apologies for my ignorance with this question, but what does MW stand for? Mid-Week? Mid-West?

Thanks and sorry for the silly question.

In the context of my post, I guess both make sense. In actuality, I was going for Midwest.

Thanks for the clarification, that is what I thought you meant. :)

Anyways, I am a little new at this model game and playing a bit of catch up on with this thread. Your reply of, "Ok. Until then maybe one of our esteemed mets can chime in and explain why this thing is for sure going to become a crippling MW snowstorm. And why the models are playing catchup", has got me a little perplexed. Is this something you are seeing and the models are not? Could you kindly give me a brief understanding of what you mean here please?

Thanks

Thanks for the clarification, that is what I thought you meant. :)

Anyways, I am a little new at this model game and playing a bit of catch up on with this thread. Your reply of, "Ok. Until then maybe one of our esteemed mets can chime in and explain why this thing is for sure going to become a crippling MW snowstorm. And why the models are playing catchup", has got me a little perplexed. Is this something you are seeing and the models are not? Could you kindly give me a brief understanding of what you mean here please?

Thanks

Sorry. I know humor is sometimes tough to convey over the internet. I was being facetious.

depressing. at least its going to be colder this week. maybe ice some lakes over but the mid-month torch might do in w/e little ice forms. Just hoping things break right for a clipper or two to whiten all of us up for a few days before christmas to get in the spirit.. Nothing worse than not having a night or two of white and christmas lights peeping. How the heck do they do it down in areas worse off than us.

If this storm misses us to south boy I am going to want to kick the trash can. This is the best opportunity for awhile to see decent accumulating snow maybe all this month who knows! :axe::cry:

Every second that NYC has more snow than us makes me want to run harder and faster into a brick wall.

Don't know if I've expressed that before.

Every second that NYC has more snow than us makes me want to run harder and faster into a brick wall.

Don't know if I've expressed that before.

Seriously though, it seems like lately when we have a favourable pattern for a storm something has to be there to ruin it and in this case it's the freakin trough coming from the arctic that will bring in the colder air. Screw the cold air. It's only good when you actually have snow on the ground.

Seriously though, it seems like lately when we have a favourable pattern for a storm something has to be there to ruin it and in this case it's the freakin trough coming from the arctic that will bring in the colder air. Screw the cold air. It's only good when you actually have snow on the ground.

Honestly, we have terrible storm climo generally. In a typical "good" winter here, we get a few well placed moderate storms and a whole bunch of clipperish systems. Let's hope the clippers start coming soon.

Honestly, we have terrible storm climo generally. In a typical "good" winter here, we get a few well placed moderate storms and a whole bunch of clipperish systems. Let's hope the clippers start coming soon.

Yeah I hope so. I keep remembering 2007-08 in my head but that's not going to help. That was easily the greatest winter that I have ever witnessed. We were more than spoiled that winter. I was a little to young to remember the 99 Blizzard but I'm doing some research on it. Seems like it was worthy of Mel LAstman calling in the army :lol:

depressing. at least its going to be colder this week. maybe ice some lakes over but the mid-month torch might do in w/e little ice forms. Just hoping things break right for a clipper or two to whiten all of us up for a few days before christmas to get in the spirit.. Nothing worse than not having a night or two of white and christmas lights peeping. How the heck do they do it down in areas worse off than us.

It's cold enough to snow, but no snow. Kind of a waste of cold air - but it will cool the lakes off. I'd take a clipper or lake effect snow at this point. Typically this location would be around 4" for the season by now.

I don't how they do it...fake snow, put something white on the ground! That's a good one...

Yeah I hope so. I keep remembering 2007-08 in my head but that's not going to help. That was easily the greatest winter that I have ever witnessed. We were more than spoiled that winter. I was a little to young to remember the 99 Blizzard but I'm doing some research on it. Seems like it was worthy of Mel LAstman calling in the army :lol:

I agree about 07-08 being the best overall winter. However, as far as short intervals of time with copious amounts of snow go, nothing comes close to Jan 1999. Think about it. Almost a seasons worth of snow in 12 days. Freaking insane. I'd love to relive that.

Archived