• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Dec 5-6 Round Two? NAM brings "sling-shot" Upper Low into SW and the fun has just begun!

wxhstn74

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm home for the break, snowing currently along the lakeshore as well. Did this turn over faster because of more intense bands? I see on the EC radar that bright yellow is occurring.

EURO/NAM pegged the changeover timing beautifully. One of the rare times where the models weren't too quick. Snowstorm's gonna pwn me with his forecast it looks.

EURO/NAM pegged the changeover timing beautifully. One of the rare times where the models weren't too quick. Snowstorm's gonna pwn me with his forecast it looks.

lol, well I had the same call since yesterday haha.

Now I just want that secondary to work out but the chances are very slim.

0z Nam did shift a bit west but we need another 100+ but then again anything is possible.

Not bad

NOUS43 KDTX 060355

PNSDTX

MIZ047>049-053>055-060>063-068>070-075-076-082-083-060530-

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DETROIT/PONTIAC MI

1055 PM EST MON DEC 5 2011

SNOW REPORTS

LOCATION SNOWFALL DURATION

(INCHES) (HOURS) LAT LON

...OAKLAND COUNTY...

WHITE LAKE M 0.5 3 42.65N 83.50W

...WAYNE COUNTY...

RIVERVIEW M 2.0 4 42.17N 83.19W

GARDEN CITY M 3.0 4 42.33N 83.33W

M = MEASURED

E = ESTIMATED

3 inches measured here. Season total at 6.5"! :P

Nice...I'm sure it looks beautiful. This area's season total is probably like .65 of an inch, if that. Even people who normally hate snow are like "where's the snow"? Never thought I would have to do this, but I might have to drive to SOUTHEAST Michigan to see decent snow...........

Very scenic around here in Livonia with about 2" of wet snow - it looks like a Rockwell pic. I'm glad to see this forum didn't go to waste.

Updated my blog yesterday for light snow on the backside but no biggie. Now on to bigger n better things......

http://weatherhistor...-to-affect.html

Ps, New GFS has nice jet digging back into the SW with another low pushing to the eastern Lakes in la la land

(at the office it was known "affectionately" known - I hope - as Deedlerland or la la land, since I watched for

model trends around 180-240h and beyond to see if the model projections were jiving at all with my set of analogues

that season. Of course, its one run and will jump around-I FULLY expect it to but are the models hinting at a pattern

yet? I don't feel the surface placement & particulars of the map out THAT far are as important as the general trend

being shown. If you look at a partuclar system and now you see, now you don't...you quickly get fatigued and lose hope.

As you can see as of 12/06 00z run, right now that that dive into the SW/Plains MAY be becoming more established

and that's what prevailed in the majority of my analogue winters. It's wait n see time as it looks boring 'n cold into the weekend.

post-2787-0-83801300-1323152216.gif

post-2787-0-53556300-1323152236.gif

post-2787-0-93500200-1323152247.gif

post-2787-0-82093700-1323152254.gif

Very scenic around here in Livonia with about 2" of wet snow - it looks like a Rockwell pic. I'm glad to see this forum didn't go to waste.

Updated my blog yesterday for light snow on the backside but no biggie. Now on to bigger n better things......

http://weatherhistor...-to-affect.html

Livonia, eh? Whereabouts? Im near 96 and farmington here.

And yes, a good 2-2.5 inches. Westland where i work had more. About 3 there.

Nice...I'm sure it looks beautiful. This area's season total is probably like .65 of an inch, if that. Even people who normally hate snow are like "where's the snow"? Never thought I would have to do this, but I might have to drive to SOUTHEAST Michigan to see decent snow...........

You guys up around Grand Rapids and closer to the lake should get some Thurs into Friday night thanks to the Lake.

2.4" in Wyandotte, but 3.4" at DTW. Its very pretty outside, but sloppy with all the previous mud spots and under trees getting cheated lol. Looks like the Ann Arbor to DTW area was the jackpot. Its weird to have this much snow and have little to no piles to speak of. Makes it actually look like a little less snow than there actually is, then you walk out into the yard away from "warm" surfaces and go, oh wow! lol. All in all, considering we woke up to a forecast of no measurable snow, its a good day!

Archived