joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not here.  lol.  We've barely had a drop of anything hit the ground so far.  Hopefully, "round one" will serve to saturate the atmosphere enough so "round two" doesn't dry up down here, too. 

The magic number for T/Td spread in OK so far when precip commences looks like around 24/10 to me...as of now near OKC you're still around 3-4 degrees shy of that though Chickasha is now getting up in the zone so I think by 2-3pm its reaching the ground there.

Euro numbers Jomo, please??? 

Kinda close to the event happening and the ratios may be different but as a general guide...

Around 5.5" for you in Tulsa.....

OKC: 5.5-6"...

Joplin: 4.8"

Monett 7.1"

Bartlesville: 4.0"

NW Arkansas: 7.4"

Chanute, KS: 2.1"

Ft. Smith: 8.0"

Kinda close to the event happening and the ratios may be different but as a general guide...

Around 5.5" for you in Tulsa.....

OKC: 5.5-6"...

Joplin: 4.8"

Monett 7.1"

Bartlesville: 4.0"

NW Arkansas: 7.4"

Chanute, KS: 2.1"

Ft. Smith: 8.0"

Thanks, but could you explain the ratios thing?

Thanks, but could you explain the ratios thing?

The Euro map and most models use a standard 10:1 ratio.... meaning 10" of snow for every 1" of QPF (precipitation on the map).. So if the model spits out 0.5" of QPF... then the snow map will show 5" of snow.

When the temps are colder in the atmosphere, you can get higher ratios. So the same 0.5" of QPF may actually turn out to be 6.5" of snow. 

Precipitation really starting to fill in all along the I-44 corridor. Let's get this thing going.

Was this Round 1 or Round 2..the stuff coming up I-44 now? When is Round 2 supposed to start? I guess I'm getting them all confused since it's not really stopped.

Was this Round 1 or Round 2..the stuff coming up I-44 now? When is Round 2 supposed to start? I guess I'm getting them all confused since it's not really stopped.

Round two will not start until late evening. That's when the main accumulations are expected to begin.

Pleasantly surprised to be seeing almost all SN here for now. Rather remarkable considering the 12z OUN RAOB warm nose maximum was +10 C, with a maximum wet bulb around +4 C.

Getting a sleet/snow mix here in SE Norman, but surprised to be seeing much in the way of (albeit pretty crappy) flakes here at all. :)

Getting a sleet/snow mix here in SE Norman, but surprised to be seeing much in the way of (albeit pretty crappy) flakes here at all. :)

Yeah, it switched to a predominant-sleet mix about a minute after I posted, lol. It looks like a band from Altus to Anadarko is getting crushed right now though -- wouldn't be surprised to see several inches within a few hours, which would be a major NWP fail.

We've been getting steady light snow with a bit of sleet/graupel mixed in here in downtown OKC.  In the past few minutes, it is approaching moderate intensity.  Streets appear to be mostly wet, but everything else is rapidly turning white.  I feel like I am back in New Jersey.... and I am loving it!    

Moderate snow now in Tulsa...ground is starting to turn white! I am going out to lunch..will take some pictures while I'm out :sled:

if you don't mind reporting on road conditions too, I would appreciate it...I'm up in Bville and plan to leave about 3pm to drive home (Tulsa) so I don't get stuck in a mess...

We've been getting steady light snow with a bit of sleet/graupel mixed in here in downtown OKC.  In the past few minutes, it is approaching moderate intensity.  Streets appear to be mostly wet, but everything else is rapidly turning white.  I feel like I am back in New Jersey.... and I am loving it!

All sleet and light ZR here (my car has a solid glaze already... groan) but I hear you on being back in Jersey! :)

Archived