joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, I am sleep deprived this week!! I guess I'm still hoping, like the rest of us on here to get bombed on tomorrow:) Problem is, we've waited 3 years for this? Sleet Storm..ugh..I want my blizzards back!! I know I am being an emotional woman, but dang it, I got spoiled thinking GHD Blizzard would become the norm for us. WRONG

Yeah, I feel like we all got a little robbed by the sleet storm here but I am holding out some hope for the next band. Pretty sure the 0 line has made it here finally. Just need a few good bands like the first round had.

Dry air eatin' my snow! Oh well, December is already much better than last year. I got my mood snow before Christmas. 

Yea man this is a nice start isnt it! I think this round 2 was an underperformer though booooo! They really knocked the totals back and have it ending alot earlier, maybe the dry air like you stated idk. I see the temps have really been bumped up for daytime highs also next week and saturday night looks to be bleh now also, snow was taken out of the forecast and replaced with freezing drizzle now.

Snowing lightly here and got about 2" or so on the ground, is neat to see regardless!

I am up early because my hubby still has to work for FedEx in this storm. It is beautiful outside. I'm sure my prediction for 6-8 will not hold up for Tulsa..but regardless, my job is closed today so I can enjoy this with my doggies:) Happy, Happy, Happy:)

My city looks like a warzone because of the 1inch+ of ice. I've never heard so many many trees and branches snap in my life last night. I had to sleep with one eye open all night. My yard is a disaster with huge branches everywhere and it's snowing like crazy right now. It's really bad here.

Sounds like a big mess...And the snow should pick up even more down that way. 

The last couple of flakes are drifting down here in Oklahoma City.  I ended up with something like 4" to 5" on the ground this morning on the north side of town where I live, and it looks like maybe a hair less than that downtown.   

Kudos to NWS OUN.  They hit this forecast out of the park.  They nailed the start and stop times for both "rounds" of precip... they called the snow/sleet/freezing rain lines almost perfectly... and even nailed the accumulations which, let's be honest, is almost impossible to do with a storm like this.  

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and try not to get trampled if you are going shopping on Black Friday!

Our next system that will need watched for southward progress with the Arctic front.

gfs192.png

This was posted the night before Thanksgiving. GFS was Just a few hundred miles off but the signal was there... 192 hours out. Nailed the day and everything.

When I went to bed around 11 it still hadn't changed over here in Sequoyah county. Woke up to a pretty blanket of snow and it's still coming down. The flakes are big and gorgeous! We have quite a bit of ice on the trees. but it appears that we lucked out on ice amounts compared to the southern part of Fort Smith.  

Archived