• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Late November/Early December disco on the upcoming pattern

CoastalWx

Jerry..starting to get worried, really worried..need to see some signs in the next 10 days.say by Dec 10th or I have my doubts about at least the first part of the winter

Meh.....it rarely is decent here before mid December. Might as well let this pattern reign now vs 30 days from now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday should be near 40 and cloudy in Buffalo. Perfect for a fottball game. Only thing better would obviosuly be snow falling

its not like snow falls all the time in buffalo anyways.

you would have had to be lucky to time it just right with a lake effect event......

best chances of snow are always on I-81 between syracuse and ART, that place is a snow factory.

you would have had to be lucky to time it just right with a lake effect event......

best chances of snow are always on I-81 between syracuse and ART, that place is a snow factory.

I was just hopeful that the pattern was conducive to see some lake effect snow. I've never been out there in the winter..so was hoping even in like ROC or SYR I would see some. Friday nite looks like the nite that happens and its over by Sat

they've sucked this year just like the rest of us lol.

Buffalo has a shot at the Dec. 8th record for latest measurable snowfall.

Sometimes when i think our threads are awful and almost unreadable..I'll go read the NYC threads and realize how much I actually love ours. Their threads are absolutely unreadable..The Trials(josh) has got to be the worst and most annoying poster on the board. I thought he was bad in the Yankees threads till i saw his nonsense in the wx section .

HM(no Messenegr not Margusity) think around mid month twds the holidays we'll lock in a sustained pattern. We don't necc need a -NAO for that..but it would be nice if the AO would go negative.

Well hopefully that ridge can build up a little more in the NPAC. It's sort of in a position that doesn't guarantee a sustained wintry pattern, but it wouldn't take much for an improvement.

euro is a bit stronger with that impulse late in the week...would maybe produce some very light snow or rain showers friday night into part of saturday. also makes for a fairly chilly day on saturday. 850s wouldn't suggest it's that cold but first glance looks to be the kind of day without a whole lot of temp recovery thanks to little mixing.

Buffalo has a shot at the Dec. 8th record for latest measurable snowfall.

I expect the lakes will start cranking after that big cold front goes through on the 6th or 7th. Haven't looked close enough to see what the wind direction would be, but Buffalo should be able to get in on something I'd think?

euro is a bit stronger with that impulse late in the week...would maybe produce some very light snow or rain showers friday night into part of saturday. also makes for a fairly chilly day on saturday. 850s wouldn't suggest it's that cold but first glance looks to be the kind of day without a whole lot of temp recovery thanks to little mixing.

Good we need some cold days. Bugs of all types are out an active again including hornets. This has gotten silly.

Details could kill it. The +PNA ridge is situating too far west in a lot of these operational runs, and that is causing SE heights to stay elevated at least excuse imaginable. The cold flaps in and out and doesn't commit because of that nuance. If you are a cold weather enthusiast, at least the ensemble means are better situated - we'll see.

I saw that. Maybe mood flakes.

Some decent news . Just nuance snows . Better than a dry fropa.

I expect the lakes will start cranking after that big cold front goes through on the 6th or 7th. Haven't looked close enough to see what the wind direction would be, but Buffalo should be able to get in on something I'd think?

yeah...that could be the ticket...it's going to be close though..I mean that's pretty far out there...could happen a day or two later...or a day or two earlier for that matter.

The 00z euro at day 10 is very nice...but again, day 10 lol

How warm does it get us early next week?

it's fairly mild sunday and monday (40s/50s) but there's a good push of low level cold coming in by tuesday. it's also got a little wave the runs along the boundary on tuesday...verbatim it would probably be some flakes for at least some of the area. of course...day 7 / 8 here so fwiw.

it's fairly mild sunday and monday (40s/50s) but there's a good push of low level cold coming in by tuesday. it's also got a little wave the runs along the boundary on tuesday...verbatim it would probably be some flakes for at least some of the area. of course...day 7 / 8 here so fwiw.

The overall theme certainly sounds promising. Soundse like a nice solid cold air push later next week at the least and if we get any luck maybe some snow in the same general time frame.

That's a ncie cold shot on the euro indeed. Hopefully it verifies like that.

yeah 2m in the 20s and 30s on wednesday. coldest since last season i guess - minus what happened during the halloween snowstorm.

the flow is not great behind it so it would be somewhat short-lived for the real cold...though at face value it doesn't look like it would be a massive warm-up on the backside...

Archived