Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Late November/Early December disco on the upcoming pattern

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although maybe a bias, euro wants to eject some energy into the deep south at d10. That might be the Sam storm and Phil's 2004 analog fetish.

The D10 depiction is OK...would have a chance. But that time frame is clown range anyway. There should at least be some cold in place for any system that wants to travel NEward...so it could make a decent SWFE setup if it didn't want to be a coastal.

There's a big ridge near FLA and off the coast which makes me think a SWFE would be more favorable...and the ensemble mean seems to like that idea anyway the past couple days.

The D10 depiction is OK...would have a chance. But that time frame is clown range anyway. There should at least be some cold in place for any system that wants to travel NEward...so it could make a decent SWFE setup if it didn't want to be a coastal.

There's a big ridge near FLA and off the coast which makes me think a SWFE would be more favorable...and the ensemble mean seems to like that idea anyway the past couple days.

I think some of the GEFS were trying to do something around that time frame as well. Clown range like you said, but that 8-11th time frame seems to be hinted at.

Dude, give it a rest.....that crap is just as tiresome as the delusional arctic assertions.

That's a picture of a hedge which is what he did. You get it now? Everyones at one anothers throats, I thought it'd be humorous but I guess it's only okay to do those things when we're about to have snow.

The 10th ish is a period all models highlight for some opportunity and the 3rd is not off the table despite the GFS.

I was just hopeful that the pattern was conducive to see some lake effect snow. I've never been out there in the winter..so was hoping even in like ROC or SYR I would see some. Friday nite looks like the nite that happens and its over by Sat

i hear ya man, would be a nice bonus to the trip.

but you should really consider doing a lake effect snowchase at some point.

i try to make a trip a couple times a winter down I-81.....its well worth it.

i've never gone in a big group of weenies though...that would be fun.

That's a picture of a hedge which is what he did. You get it now? Everyones at one anothers throats, I thought it'd be humorous but I guess it's only okay to do those things when we're about to have snow.

The 10th ish is a period all models highlight for some opportunity and the 3rd is not off the table despite the GFS.

I haven't been at anyone's throat.....I just don't see the need to throw rocks @ a bee hive, especially in the DISCO thread.

tru dhat ...

i wonder what's the biggest icing scenario ever for Willmington. i think there was a famous ice storm back in the earlier part of last century that was pretty involved.

Largest that I can recall took place in March believe it or not, superior solar irradiance be damned.....1990.

Largest that I can recall took place in March believe it or not, superior solar irradiance be damned.....1990.

I once saw ZR up to 1/4" in Rockport out on the eastern tip of Cape Ann so I know it can happen given the right circumstance. I realize in retrospect it seems reasonable why you haven't seen much of any, but I am also wondering if you're just not stuck in some kind of wack-job multi-decadal bad luck streak just the same.

If so ...welcome to my world.

I once saw ZR up to 1/4" in Rockport out on the eastern tip of Cape Ann so I know it can happen given the right circumstance. I realize in retrospect it seems reasonable why you haven't seen much of any, but I am also wondering if you're just not stuck in some kind of wack-job multi-decadal bad luck streak just the same.

If so ...welcome to my world.

There was another pretty decent one in that crap winter of 1994-95, I think....

Flow likely too compressed for a biggie...which lends creedence to the notion that its swf or go home.

yeah, as depicted that sarks - no question... don't usually spin up glory with 588+DM height core over Florida - just a little rule of thumb i happen to subscribe to considering it flucks up storms about 101% of the time.

of course, by storm i mean a classice cored out deep stem winder nor'easter replete with cold and warm intersecting conveyor belts. If we want to get into overrunning and shiz, sure ...but that's why that looks more icy the way it is.

I haven't been at anyone's throat.....I just don't see the need to throw rocks @ a bee hive, especially in the DISCO thread.

It wasn't. It was a picture of a hedge which had nothing to do with warm or cold but a statement he made. It was light hearted, indirect, and I thought pretty easy for most to understand but it goes back to the point of why it's negative for the site when stuff is let go like this morning and a ruckus breaks out. everyone ends up on edge and assumes the worst.

I was poking fun at Scott in a very good natured way as he was saying the Euro is pretty darn cold next week but that it may moderate....nothing personal or intended to start a ruckus.

Now what did the euro ens show?

Archived