CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Late November/Early December disco on the upcoming pattern

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing has changed for the most part. We have a big cool down next week and then a relaxation of the -EPO near the 10th which means the possibility of overrunning and/or milder solutions. Tough to tell at this point, but once again...nobody said it is a wintry pattern yet.

It seems to be going along with the sort of yo-yo type pattern/ step down process. I don't see a real disaster of a pattern.

Next week will cool down big time. The question is what happens after that cool shot? Well the ridge still has amplitude, but begins to retrograde. As it does so, the se ridge begins to build. So my gut is that while we still have some colder air around towards the 10th...we run the risk of storms coming real close or just west of us. Probably not too bad of a pattern for NNE, but it gets a little more dicey down here. If we play our cards right, hopefully it is more overrunning type stuff..I.E SWFE.

At least Canada looks avg to at times slightly below avg, since we don't have screaming Pacific taint.

Everything on track, mega heat continues next couple of days, transient cool down and then a return of the torch perhaps not to this extent but its back with numerous + to++ days, followed by another transient cool down thats becomes modified on models as we approach the date.

Everything on track, mega heat continues next couple of days, transient cool down and then a return of the torch perhaps not to this extent but its back with numerous + to++ days, followed by another transient cool down thats becomes modified on models as we approach the date.

That sounds about right. Particularly the last part.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. SkiMRG is right this is delightfully pleasant ski weather. It's only 60 at 7am. That's perfectly good snowmaking weather. It's only 37 on Mount Washington. Once you get about about 7500 feet the snowmaking is going splashingly well.

That sounds about right. Particularly the last part.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. SkiMRG is right this is delightfully pleasant ski weather. It's only 60 at 7am. That's perfectly good snowmaking weather. It's only 37 on Mount Washington. Once you get about about 7500 feet the snowmaking is going splashingly well.

Ouch. Yeah 43.6/43.6 here in NE VT. Eating up the snow like a fat kid at a cake convention.

Nothing has really changed...the 3-5 day cold shot looks slightly later than initially, but such is the challenge of LR forecasting from 2 weeks out. We will have a chance...whether it comes to fruition or not is anyone's guess and is exactly that...just a guess.

Nothing has really changed...the 3-5 day cold shot looks slightly later than initially, but such is the challenge of LR forecasting from 2 weeks out. We will have a chance...whether it comes to fruition or not is anyone's guess and is exactly that...just a guess.

Will what are your thoughts for that day 7-8 threat? The setup looks pretty good right now.. now we just need to work on the heights rising more out west to better allow the low to become negative.. what did the euro show last night for that?

Archived