• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Its about that time

40/70 Benchmark

I might just take the bus up and then just ride back with Kevin to Tolland and have a friend pick me up there.

EDIT:

Actually it's possible I may have to work. I'm working 3 jobs right now, one of them only being seasonal but if I am scheduled to work that day I'm not going to call out...definitely trying to make as much money as possible so I can finish off paying LSC and helping my mom out more. If I can seriously pay off LSC by the end of January or February then my next step will be saving for a car!

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But what is "Wormtown"??

Wiki says ...

Wormtown, a nickname for Worcester, was coined by WCUW DJ Lenny Saarinen, about 1978. Saarinen joked that Wormtown would be a fitting name for Worcester as it was a dead town. Later he took on the moniker of LB Worm, the Mayor of Wormtown. At first, the term referred to the local underground punk musical subculture. Later it became used by a few to refer to the city itself.

?

I'll be working 4 jobs for the month of December!

My job at the rink

I do apartment ad postings on craigslist...post twice a day, morning/afternoon...takes me about 30 minutes but I get around $150 every two weeks for this

I am doing seasonal work at the local mall until the first week of January

During late November through March I open up a middle school on the weekends for boys basketball...total of 16 hours for the two days.

I should have LSC all paid off by the end of January :)

Awesome! Tough schedule though

Yeah it will be kind of wild but I don't mind it really. I worked from 7-4 today at the mall...unloading truck loads and stocking...I loved it, time flew by b/c I was always doing something and I really enjoyed it.

All I owe LSC is $478 and I owe VSAC $996 I believe. The $478 is more important paying back though as I need to pay that off so I can get my transcript so I can send it to WCSU.

Once that $478 is paid off and I get that $996 down a decent amount my next step will be to save up for a car which I could potentially be able to have by the end of the summer...just going to get some $700-$800 car to get me through for a few years.

Good plan. Achieveable. Do it

Definitely plan on it.

This is why if I can get the school paid off by the end of January/February this means when summer rolls around and my full time job kicks in I can probably take about $200 per check towards a car and with 4-5 paychecks working full time I'd definitely be able to get something by the end of August. We'll see what happens though...obviously will be some stuff that comes up which may inhibit this as this has been happening left and right the past few years and happens to everyone.

Main goal right now is just get LSC paid off so I can get my transcript. Then go from there.

Wiki says ...

Wormtown, a nickname for Worcester, was coined by WCUW DJ Lenny Saarinen, about 1978. Saarinen joked that Wormtown would be a fitting name for Worcester as it was a dead town. Later he took on the moniker of LB Worm, the Mayor of Wormtown. At first, the term referred to the local underground punk musical subculture. Later it became used by a few to refer to the city itself.

It's defintely improved from that nickname.

Sunday?

ORH has some decent features:

Great art museum (WAM)

Restored theater: Hanover Theater - gorgeous

restaraunts: Via, Chop House, Sole Proprieter

UMass Medical booming

Decent biotech incubators

severeal good colleges/universities (Clark, Holy Cross, WPI, UMass, etc)

But yeah, still kinda gross...lol

You should come Dec 10

Great art museum (WAM)

UMass Medical booming

You should come Dec 10

Well it's a city, but I'm impressed with the stuff they have there now. Some good eats.

Great art museum (WAM)

UMass Medical booming

You should come Dec 10

He won't. Babysitters car got a flat tire on way over

Still hoping to attend. Just found out that I have a family Christmas party that day in Burlington @ 12pm.

Sounds good. Burlington is closer to Worcester than Taunton so you should be good to go. Family Christmas party wraps up around 2:00, or you are bored off your azz by 1:30 once you realize that there was never any intention of anyone dumping alcohol in the egg nog. In that case you are able to cut out early and arrive at FM in a timely manner.

My 4th job indeed kicks in this Saturday so I won't be able to go.

Although I am considering working from 8-12 and have my brother close for me from 12-5.

Sounds good. See you there.

Archived