EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Severe Weather Thread November 7-8

David Reimer

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No wonder he lost control, look how fast he was backing up. His column didn't lock up, he was backing up too fast on a muddy road. And why, I don't know, the tornado was nowhere near him at that point, was moving away.

If the truth be known, I would bet that he was simply in a hurry to get into a better position with tornado moving away from him.

Congratulations Brett and David!

nice shots brett and vid david. i find it interesting how you categorize these things brett.. great shots but seeing most of your photos im not sold its the most photogenic torn you've taken pics of. then again you get a lot of 'em and looking at a pic on screen doesnt do it justice im sure. what makes it for you?

This day will go down as a milestone in my chasing carrier. So far, I've found six tornadoes in my video and the funny thing is that most of them are pretty potent. While storms were moving today, my supercell really never took off. The road network was excellent for the first half of the event, so I was able to get up right behind several tornadoes. This day is the highlight of my chasing carrier thus far. Anyway, here's my video. I've got it down to about seven minutes with multiple tornadoes. Enjoy!

Wow, that mini vortex within the broad vortex starting at 3:20 is amazing!

Does anyone know why the Norman office still only has one tornado in their LSRs? Looks like there were at least 10 yesterday.

Dont they always do that? I remember the may event didn't fill in for a few days.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SHREVEPORT LA

201 PM CST TUE NOV 08 2011

.TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON

.DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.

..REMARKS..

0201 PM TORNADO VALLIANT 34.00N 95.09W

11/08/2011 MCCURTAIN OK LAW ENFORCEMENT

TORNADO REPORTED IN DOWNTOWN VALLIANT, OK. NO DAMAGE

REPORTED YET, MOVING NORTHEAST AT 40 MPH.

Typical low-topped tornadic supercell.

tornado was reported near atiscocita which is about where it was when it looked good.. looks better again.

11/08/2011 0124 PM

2 miles ESE of Humble, Harris County.

Tornado, reported by law enforcement.

Sighting of tornado on ground from atascosita Fire

Department.

nice shots brett and vid david. i find it interesting how you categorize these things brett.. great shots but seeing most of your photos im not sold its the most photogenic torn you've taken pics of. then again you get a lot of 'em and looking at a pic on screen doesnt do it justice im sure. what makes it for you?

Thanks man... I think the combination of the frontlighting once it got north of me and all the red dirt swirling around (even more visible in some of my other shots I didn't post) really did it. IMHO, it's vastly better for a still photographer to be south/west of a tube and get that frontlit view so that it's not just a silhouette, and up until yesterday the overwhelming majority of my intercepts were backlit.

NWUS54 KSHV 082031

LSRSHV

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SHREVEPORT LA

230 PM CST TUE NOV 08 2011

.TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON

.DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.

..REMARKS..

0227 PM TORNADO VALLIANT 34.00N 95.09W

11/08/2011 MCCURTAIN OK EMERGENCY MNGR

RAILROAD CARS OVERTURNED ON EAST SIDE OF TOWN.

Thanks man... I think the combination of the frontlighting once it got north of me and all the red dirt swirling around (even more visible in some of my other shots I didn't post) really did it. IMHO, it's vastly better for a still photographer to be south/west of a tube and get that frontlit view so that it's not just a silhouette, and up until yesterday the overwhelming majority of my intercepts were backlit.

makes sense. it reminds me a bit of the bradshaw tornado earlier in the year. it is nice to get the dirt in it. i do think you're one of the best out there right now.. half of these folks can't frame a shot or keep the horizon level. ;)

Archived