• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The last thread didn't work - upcoming threats discussion

TalcottWx

Lol -- the Euro still says the GFS is on crack with the strength of the cutter. The Euro has been 5-8mb weaker since 12z yesterday than the GFS has been. GFS still hasn't caught on. It is determined to screw this storm up in every way possible.

To be fair, at 48hr the GFS/GGEM/Ukie are all about 980mb around N VT while on Allan's maps the EC is 987mb.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta be a ******** here and say told you so to all those that wanted on with this -NAO bullcrap.

'You get what you deserve' - I warned everyone about this 4 weeks ago when the runs started sniffing out this toxic schit-synoptic. May as well eat schit just as well as having a -NAO.

Oh, I'm sure someone will come back with a statement like, "Yeah, well, I'll take my chance with the -NAO because of x, y, or z reason..."

Bullschit. No reasons. -NAO is bad; delta(NAO) is good - end of discussion.

Frustration: I think the collective will of the community is somehow working like Jedi magic to move the -NAO into position because they can't seem to get their collective head around the reasons why it's bad (the reasons hammered out ad nauseam) to have one, and keep insisting internally that we have it this way.

At the end of all this it's a lesson that will fail to be learned, and come next late November next year when the NAO is flagged to crash, all these community denizens will get all in a glowing good mood and be totally wrong again, and again, and again...

Welp - this is about enough for me. I'm off to go to my sis' 40th this evening, get drunk and hit on her friends and guess what? I won't think about any of these model runs or the the fact that the -NAO continues to lube up the cosmic dildo against the winter weather wanters while they cluelessly and falsely believe it is a good thing even once during the whole time.

Have fun -

Tippy, I thought you remain emotionally detatched from weather?:(

January will rock. I've taken several steps back over the past few days. Enjoyed a milder 2 hours outdoors this morning while still not the torch that frisbee'ers revel in. I forgot my cell but had I brought it I would have taken photos of the smooth ice ponds in and around the Muddy River. I saw children walking on it and it easily supported their weight though parents wouldn't let them venture beyond the edge (smart!). I expect snow to be on the ground in some quantity certainly by cob Friday.

Archived