amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Go Time - First Winter Storm Threat for New England 2011/12

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That brings a smile to my face. Of course, 40% probabiliyy is a 60% likelihood that it will be less than 4". I'd say that 'coin-flip' (with a little weight to the lower) approach is fair enough at this point in time when small adjustments will have great impacts.

With regard to the weekend, there will be some significant adjustments from the GFS to show any love.

Are there specific elements we should look to wrt how Thursday/night play out that should impact the storm/no-storm situation for Saturday?

TIA.

45.8/40

nope....it says "greater than 40% :)Snowman.gif

What a weenie solution on the euro op for this weekend. I just don't buy it yet.

Thing about the euro is that its not like its HR 168 were only 4.5 days away right now.. I think people aren't honking yet is because it's 10/25/11 lol

Again don't agree..and I think some of the other hilltown CT posters would agree with me

I'm not one to chime in on internal quarrels, but I can say that along the Rte 190 from Union eastward to the valley floor in Somers is definately just past peak. If you were to draw a bell curve of color, we're on the downward slide. In fact, there are some areas (not swamps or bogs) that pretty close to being bare.

I can't speak for Tolland as I have only travelled through the northern portion of the NE Hills recently.

I'm not one to chime in on internal quarrels, but I can say that along the Rte 190 from Union eastward to the valley floor in Somers is definately just past peak. If you were to draw a bell curve of color, we're on the downward slide. In fact, there are some areas (not swamps or bogs) that pretty close to being bare.

I can't speak for Tolland as I have only travelled through the northern portion of the NE Hills recently.

Only a select few know where Tolland is, and fewer still have been able to traverse its rugged terrain. Oh, wait a minute--that's on the road from Hartford to Boston.

There are certain areas around here that are well past peak and others that have peaked recently but like you said it is all on the downward side of it for sure.

Thing about the euro is that its not like its HR 168 were only 4.5 days away right now.. I think people aren't honking yet is because it's 10/25/11 lol

Even if it showed a low like that last month, I don't know if I buy it actually occurring. That's all I meant. It's good to have the euro op and ensembles (ensembles are east of the op) so it certainly is possible. Those are decent tools to have 5 days out, but the pattern is very fluid.

There seems very little doubt that most places are going to flip to snow. The questions remain around how early and how much

GFS BUFKIT soundings show little if any snow for us.

NAM also has big time snow growth concerns south of the Pike even once the column cools below freezing.

GFS BUFKIT soundings show little if any snow for us.

NAM also has big time snow growth concerns south of the Pike even once the column cools below freezing.

I just think you're looking a bit too deep into this. As of right now the GFS really shouldn't be used for anything.

Maybe we just get a slushy dusting..Still will be fun

I'm just hoping the Sunday storm is for real

Archived