Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Go Time - First Winter Storm Threat for New England 2011/12

Baroclinic Zone

agree.

would think Will pts N stand an OK shot for several hours of snow, verbatim on that run. south or east of there it's going to be harder to see much more than a quick flip to some snow at the very tail end (which is fine considering it's october). with the 850 circulation cutting through C/N CT...and in W CT at 00z...you probably aren't going to be crashing the cold south until a good deal of the precip has fallen - and the antecedent air mass isn't exactly january-ish. if the 850 low ends up closer to where the 950 and 925 centers are, it's a different story.

just this run verbatim, of course.

agree 100%, very tough with that scenario, one thing I do like is the straight strong northerly flow feeding a cold air mass in at night. but yea some flakes would be cool.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me the Euro looks like rain to me for me and Kevin... a flip to snow for Will... and some accumulation north of Will and over toward Mount Socks.

The Saturday night storm is the most interesting :)

Phil and I were saying ideally we want the euro more south. I guess we'll see what these runs do today. The Saturday night night storm was nuts on the euro op.

Phil and I were saying ideally we want the euro more south. I guess we'll see what these runs do today. The Saturday night night storm was nuts on the euro op.

Yeah although I wonder if the BL issues for most areas under 1000ft south and east of Will are going to trump any trend south?

It's the perfect setup for a late October/early November snow for the interior elevations.

Yeah although I wonder if the BL issues for most areas under 1000ft south and east of Will are going to trump any trend south?

It's the perfect setup for a late October/early November snow for the interior elevations.

yeah that would be my concern as well. though it does have a few things going for it...nighttime, heights crash pretty good (on the euro at least) and it's definitely a cold air mass coming in.

Archived