amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Go Time - First Winter Storm Threat for New England 2011/12

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is a SWFE and what do you mean we stay SW? If you don't have time to answer since we are tracking a storm, no big deal but figured I would ask...thanks.

Southwest flow event.. storms travels to our NW but develops a boundary low to keep cold air in

Yeah I think that is fair to say. I feel pretty good for at least flakes from you on north and could very well be some accumulation.I think we should have an idea one way or another with the euro coming in. I guess I would just like to see that first system a little more to the south, but verbatim you would still flip to snow at the end. If the euro nudges north, then it might be just more flakes instead of some sort of an accumulation for your area.

I'm about 50/50 on measurable for here...maybe slightly more. Only takes 0.1" for measurable. I'd feel a lot better up where Socks is though up in Rindge, NH. I'm def impressed at how quickly things cool as the storm is trying to exit stage right...the vortmax track argues for good moisture hanging back in the cold sector, so there's def some potential. Even the CP could flip over for a time if it pans out right. The timing does look pretty good.

I'm about 50/50 on measurable for here...maybe slightly more. Only takes 0.1" for measurable. I'd feel a lot better up where Socks is though. I'm def impressed at how quickly things cool as the storm is trying to exit stage right...the vortmax track argues for good moisture hanging back in the cold sector, so there's def some potential. Even the CP could flip over for a time if it pans out right. The timing does look pretty good.

Socks looks pretty good for sure.

Hopefully you do get measurable. I'm just hoping for some flakes, but that's certainly not a given by any means.

This is a "fantasy" storm. It is a stretch to call it a "real threat." It is irresponsible to be tossing out 7-8 inches of snow...IMHO.

The Thursday storm is 2.5 days out lol.. if your talking about the Saturday storm, its a little better than fantasy now..

No one said 7-8 inches either besides what the NAM gave people verbatim and I hope you were reading Kevin's post for a legit forecast

This is a "fantasy" storm. It is a stretch to call it a "real threat." It is irresponsible to be tossing out 7-8 inches of snow...IMHO.

I'm not sure I follow you.

What storm are you talking about, the one on Thursday? Someone will pick up pretty good accumulations from that storm, make no mistake. We just don't know exactly where yet.

I'm supposed to go to Westminster West, VT on Saturday for my birthday party up at my friends cabin which is up around 1200' or so. The path to the cabin is incredibly step too and it's difficult to drive up there. Solid chance this could get cancelled b/c of snow up there. My friend will be upset as would I but I'd be more upset for missing out on the snow :lol:

Archived