northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Go Time - First Winter Storm Threat for New England 2011/12

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if we can muster up some type of storm potential around the beginning of the second week of November or so. The NAO is forecasted to shoot rather positive around the first week of November after dipping negative around this period then forecasted to dip into the negative once again. Seems like the NAO is going to be varying quite a bit over the next few weeks.

:lol:

13 minutes...so that's about 6 paragraphs now. the bigger question is, how many people will commit suicide after reading it?

John's mom yelling down into basement

"john honey..Are you coming up for lunch?"

Silence except for the low murmur of Comfortably numb bifurcating up to the first floor from the basement

"John dear..john..are you down there?" Your grilled cheese is getting cold"

All she hears are the lyrics" And my hands felt just like 2 balloons" emanating from below

"Johnny, johny, sweetie,, please come up, If you don't come up this minute, I'm taking away your Dungeons and Dragons game"

Still nothing. except.. We are only coming thru in waves..I cannot put my finger on it now. i have become Comfortably Numb.

She ventures down in the basement and screams

OH MY GOD.. JOHN

And discovers he's hung himself with his "Trust me I'm a meteorologist Shirt"

Yeah through 84, def a shade cooler. That would be a big help for my area and perhaps into even the CP near Ray and maybe down to NE CT.

I think the problem with the Euro is that the sfc reflection is weak enough that we won't be able to advect cooler/drier air now as much. The NAM is stronger and you see the ageostrophic flow rip and crash the BL temps.

Euro is a nice track but I don't think it's strong enough or dynamic enough to please most of us.

it's also weaker...which is probably good for some but bad for others...at first glance seems to lack those good height falls which would have helped the more marginal locales - i.e. the BL might be more a problem for some.

lol I posted the same thing basically.

I think the Euro is a bit disappointing.

I think the problem with the Euro is that the sfc reflection is weak enough that we won't be able to advect cooler/drier air now as much. The NAM is stronger and you see the ageostrophic flow rip and crash the BL temps.

Euro is a nice track but I don't think it's strong enough or dynamic enough to please most of us.

Look at the vortmax track at 84h compared to the NAM...NAM went sort of insane with it...its probably wrong. I'd lean a little more tepid like the Euro/GFS.

Archived