• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Go Time - First Winter Storm Threat for New England 2011/12

Baroclinic Zone

yeah that would be my concern as well. though it does have a few things going for it...nighttime, heights crash pretty good (on the euro at least) and it's definitely a cold air mass coming in.

Yeah it's about as good as it can get. I'd like to see the UL system trend a little bit stronger and further south... leading to stronger cyclogenesis. I think a stronger northerly ageostrophic flow in the BL will help and stronger UVM is never a bad thing.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah although I wonder if the BL issues for most areas under 1000ft south and east of Will are going to trump any trend south?

It's the perfect setup for a late October/early November snow for the interior elevations.

I saw the critical thicknesses and 950 temps. It did flip Kevin over briefly, but he has to wait for the 950-850mb layer to cool some more. It even looked like BOS might turn to a 34-35F catpaw deal before ending.

Got my first straight-up "Snow likely" of the season.... highs in the low-mid 30s and lows in the 20s. Winter's coming in fast.

Thursday: Snow likely after 8am. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Thursday Night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 36.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.

I find it odd/impressive that at my location which is pretty good for radiational cooling, the first killing freeze is progged to occur during this precip event.

Funny you say that because sometimes growing up on the shoreline in CT our first "freeze" would occur the first time it snowed.

Archived