• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Go Time - First Winter Storm Threat for New England 2011/12

Baroclinic Zone

0z Euro also has another coastal system on sunday with the GFS haveing the low staying well offshore, Verbatium with the Euro we would get a seconfd shot at snow as there would still be cold air in palce with the 1st storm passage..

Yeah...that looks like a potent little coastal (quick moving). Good slug of QPF coming up with the LP near BM and 85h between -3C to -5C from SEMA NW.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice 32 at ground temps, with 850s -3. could be a wet snow just inland, overnight too. Got a shot verbatim, sort of like last year Nov 8th. Not the same evolution but certainly marginal conditions can have snow.

If we do flip, it would probably be a huge isothermal layer from the surface to like 900mb or so..lol. Anyways, ideally we want the euro a little more to the south. But, Socks gets it on the euro.

If we do flip, it would probably be a huge isothermal layer from the surface to like 900mb or so..lol. Anyways, ideally we want the euro a little more to the south. But, Socks gets it on the euro.

What is socks? I've seen that thrown around a lot lately

Yeah...that looks like a potent little coastal (quick moving). Good slug of QPF coming up with the LP near BM and 85h between -3C to -5C from SEMA NW.

If storm 2 was to transpire, It would be a bigger event for a lot more on here then storm 1, But we need to deal with thursdays first, Euro seems to be on an island with sundays right now..

Hello everyone, glad to find may way back after losing eastern WX; Looks like the NW Hills of Woodstock, Union, Ashford, and Stafford may get a couple of inches on mainly the grassy surfaces?

YO BRO!!!! I asked many times where you were. Biggest epic winter ever and you were gone. I thought you got hit by a modified car at Thompson or something LOL How did you find us again.

If storm 2 was to transpire, It would be a bigger event for a lot more on here then storm 1, But we need to deal with thursdays first, Euro seems to be on an island with sundays right now..

I'd rather have the euro on an island than the gfs

agree.

would think Will pts N stand an OK shot for several hours of snow, verbatim on that run. south or east of there it's going to be harder to see much more than a quick flip to some snow at the very tail end (which is fine considering it's october). with the 850 circulation cutting through C/N CT...and in W CT at 00z...you probably aren't going to be crashing the cold south until a good deal of the precip has fallen - and the antecedent air mass isn't exactly january-ish. if the 850 low ends up closer to where the 950 and 925 centers are, it's a different story.

just this run verbatim, of course.

YO BRO!!!! I asked many times where you were. Biggest epic winter ever and you were gone. I thought you got hit by a modified car at Thompson or something LOL How did you find us again.

I had been searching for the new home for awhile after the Easternwx shut down, and found the site this spring and lurked for awhile. Had the time to register this am, and looks like the just the right time!

agree.

would think Will pts N stand an OK shot for several hours of snow, verbatim on that run. south or east of there it's going to be harder to see much more than a quick flip to some snow at the very tail end (which is fine considering it's october). with the 850 circulation cutting through C/N CT...and in W CT at 00z...you probably aren't going to be crashing the cold south until a good deal of the precip has fallen - and the antecedent air mass isn't exactly january-ish. if the 850 low ends up closer to where the 950 and 925 centers are, it's a different story.

just this run verbatim, of course.

Yeah agreed. I want that low to track more on the 40th parallel with that 850 low a little more to the s or se. Anyways, I'll just be happy to see flakes.

I had been searching for the new home for awhile after the Easternwx shut down, and found the site this spring and lurked for awhile. Had the time to register this am, and looks like the just the right time!

You should be required to go back and read the Jan 12th and 27th threads, epic. Man you got smoked last year. i was up in Woodstock Feb 1 st last year, just stunning how much you got. I swear some places had 4 feet on level in the backwoods.

Archived