Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
SNE Late October Obs/Banter

ski MRG

2-6 with lolli's to 8 seems legit for now

LOL, well still some details to work out, but seems a little more likely that parts of the area will have their first flakes and possibly accumulating snow. I still want to see the 12z runs, but from Will on north, I'd begin to be a little more interested. Verbatim, the euro is a little warm at 850 for you. You don't want it that far north, but you would end as snow.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, well still some details to work out, but seems a little more likely that parts of the area will have their first flakes and possibly accumulating snow. I still want to see the 12z runs, but from Will on north, I'd begin to be a little more interested. Verbatim, the euro is a little warm at 850 for you. You don't want it that far north, but you would end as snow.

Still have a split camp on the track between the Euro and the GFS... :snowman:

Schweet.

Thursday Night: Rain and snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 43.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.

2-6 with lolli's to 8 seems legit for now

You crack me up.

I suspect many of us will see some flakes and a few of us a minor accumulation. But we are looking at any flakes coming on a changeover from rain and landing on unfrozen ground. This is NOT a recipe for your legitimate accumulations. At least away from the Berks (perhaps extreme NW CT?) and heading NE from their into VT, NH (outside of the Manchester/Nashua/seacaost of course) and into interior ME. I don't know if lollies at 4000' can really count as a lolli.

Of course, I could be dead wrong.

Made my closest run to freezing this morning--33.8.

You crack me up.

I suspect many of us will see some flakes and a few of us a minor accumulation. But we are looking at any flakes coming on a changeover from rain and landing on unfrozen ground. This is NOT a recipe for your legitimate accumulations. At least away from the Berks (perhaps extreme NW CT?) and heading NE from their into VT, NH (outside of the Manchester/Nashua/seacaost of course) and into interior ME. I don't know if lollies at 4000' can really count as a lolli.

It would be a wet snow which can stick. Foxboro got a freak 3" back on 10/18/09. Now if it's just a few flakes, then yeah it will be tough.

You crack me up.

If there ends up being snow out of this, It will have a hard time accumulating on the warm ground surface..

True, true.

How are the surface temps liekly to compare with this to that October event?

Well it will probably drop close to 32 if you flip to snow. I care more about upstairs right now...like 950mb to 850mb. Basically 2000ft to 5000ft or so. On the euro, it seems like temps in that layer are borderline almost to the pike until very late in the game, but like I said earlier...it would cool quickly as the low departs for maybe a brief burst to snow even down into nrn CT.

But things may change a bit which would have a big impact on the final outcome so it is way too early to do anything more than just discuss.

If there ends up being snow out of this, It will have a hard time accumulating on the warm ground surface..

The issue is not ground temp it is snowfall rate. If it falls moderately or heavily it will accumulate with no problem. Especially given that temps will be falling and it will be at night. As Scott said Foxboro, way down south, got 3 inches in mid-Oct. There will be no problem getting accumulation in the interior. That being said I assume some flakes and maybe a coating will be waiting for me Friday morning. It is Oct after all. But if the storm is stronger and the precip is heavier then we will have no problem accumulating.

The issue is not ground temp it is snowfall rate. If it falls moderately or heavily it will accumulate with no problem. Especially given that temps will be falling and it will be at night. As Scott said Foxboro, way down south, got 3 inches in mid-Oct. There will be no problem getting accumulation in the interior. That being said I assume some flakes and maybe a coating will be waiting for me Friday morning. It is Oct after all. But if the storm is stronger and the precip is heavier then we will have no problem accumulating.

Yes, Snowfall rates will be key, But if snowfall rates are light with this storm it would have a tough time

Depending on how low temps get this weekend, looks like we will be cutting into mid november

Its crazy, but I think we get a couple frosts that will really stunt growth over the next week up here, and perhaps a freeze, some of my lawns are starting to go dormant, while others are thriving.

Archived