• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
SNE Late October Obs/Banter

ski MRG

Its crazy, but I think we get a couple frosts that will really stunt growth over the next week up here, and perhaps a freeze, some of my lawns are starting to go dormant, while others are thriving.

Yeah the ones nuke by chem-lawn and green thumb we survive the frost, but slow in growth. Less maintenance lawns are pretty much done now..

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is still growing a bit. Little chem application, several frosts

57F for a high here

Yeah with the upcoming cold snap, you will be good for a hard freeze up there. Frost is really only going to kill bugs and tender vegetation, plus we have had a very wet year and plenty of growth.

Yeah with the upcoming cold snap, you will be good for a hard freeze up there. Frost is really only going to kill bugs and tender vegetation, plus we have had a very wet year and plenty of growth.

I've had a few mornings below freezing (I think 3?) but only for a couple of hours each...

I seem to remember 29F being my low for the season

Bugs are still out. I was at the soccer fields this evening and there were danged mosquitos

I'm anxiously waiting for Don S to make his first post, with his seasonal thoughts. He's probably getting ready, doing a few deep knee bends, dusting off the camera equipment and perhaps a few jumping jacks.

Good times are upon us once again, may we all share in the joy of our favorite season.

:snowman:

SUn breaking out at lunchtime

another classic!:weight_lift:

Peak now down this way, was up by pound ridge in westchester cty and they were just past peak. I would give the colors a C this year....

Another + day. We have some bare trees here, but then there are others that are full and green, though a lot of those are just fading into a dried up brown now. Terrible foliage year.

Another + day. We have some bare trees here, but then there are others that are full and green, though a lot of those are just fading into a dried up brown now. Terrible foliage year.

Yes, but its exclusive to the south coast of ct today, sneaky little much appreciated torch today, exhausted looking forward to a day off tomorrow :thumbsup:

Archived