ORH: 56 inches

GINX: 33 inches

GC: 340 inches

RAY: 53 inches

REV: 42 inches..

Phil on the Cape: 19 inches

Rindge: 75 inches

Hubb Dave: 49 inches

Good to hear you mention that NAO multi-decadal signal; most don't, which I think is a mistake.

31" at BOS, wow - that's seem hard to do to me. It more than seems over the last 10 years that when it snows, it snows above the pale - albeit brief at times. I could almost see BOS getting 40" out of 3 well timed bombs (so to speak, or even heaving front end loaders); then the usual March surprise really serving in this sort of season.

It could be warmer than normal for this latitude and still do that, too - there's always that.

Having said that, there are plenty of snow starved years in the samples. I wonder how many snow depressions took place while signs were all positive, i.e., busted? The negative test may be just as telling.

Good luck Jerry. I have 60-65" for BOS, about double your call. We'll see how it plays out. Probability wise we have an equal chance for above/below normal snowfall each year; the past few winters don't make us any more likely to have a terrible one. Based on the major players I don't think it'll be this year. Hope you're wrong! :thumbsup:

Good luck Jerry. I have 60-65" for BOS, about double your call. We'll see how it plays out. Probability wise we have an equal chance for above/below normal snowfall each year; the past few winters don't make us any more likely to have a terrible one. Based on the major players I don't think it'll be this year. Hope you're wrong! :thumbsup:

Hope you are right

Jerry has a sense...

Once I issued the forecast, I saw all the ways it could bust. However, I continue to stand by it. If I bust we're all happy. I honestly called what I think will transpire.

Hi Jerry,

What is it you are seeing that leads you to your forecast? Just curious.....your gut counts of course.

Hi Jerry,

What is it you are seeing that leads you to your forecast? Just curious.....your gut counts of course.

Hi John. Overall, I am dismayed at the northern Pacific SSTA. When I issued I was also dismayed by the cryosphere but that has recovered nicely. The loading pattern now blows dead rats. Finally, scrawny squirrels. And the analog years include some bad winters. That said, there is huge bust potential and this is a low confidence forecast.

Hi John. Overall, I am dismayed at the northern Pacific SSTA. When I issued I was also dismayed by the cryosphere but that has recovered nicely. The loading pattern now blows dead rats. Finally, scrawny squirrels. And the analog years include some bad winters. That said, there is huge bust potential and this is a low confidence forecast.

Yayyyy!

And the squirrels here are passing up acorns because they are so chubby...

Far fewer acorns than last year

Has the NPAC SSTA really looked great though since the PDO flipped? I mean it seems to shift a bit from year to year, but I doubt that is really calling our shots. What is this? (loading pattern) I'd like to understand this better....The rest is of course just gut feeling. I am loving the parade of systems which like to dive in and get cutoff, frankly.

Has the NPAC SSTA really looked great though since the PDO flipped? I mean it seems to shift a bit from year to year, but I doubt that is really calling our shots. What is this? (loading pattern) I'd like to understand this better....The rest is of course just gut feeling. I am loving the parade of systems which like to dive in and get cutoff, frankly.

9/20 NPAC was way better last year. Perhaps one reason for an epic season? If you follow me over the past 2 years, you see that I put a lot of stock into the NPAC ssta. I could be blowing smoke out my arse but the loading pattern is for under performing cold to date. We need a big shift and it could happen but I don't think it will. All LR is in part gut with a heavy dose of best guess with an unscientifically valid sample size.

9/20 NPAC was way better last year. Perhaps one reason for an epic season? If you follow me over the past 2 years, you see that I put a lot of stock into the NPAC ssta. I could be blowing smoke out my arse but the loading pattern is for under performing cold to date. We need a big shift and it could happen but I don't think it will. All LR is in part gut with a heavy dose of best guess with an unscientifically valid sample size.

Oh I see, especially GOA anomalies. Interestingly enough, Atlantic tri-pole looks a little better this year than last at this point and we will need that down here in your old stomping grounds more than you northerners will. It's all about the NAO/AO once again...

It'll be fun when the first flakes do end up falling, it's always a special day.

Archived