• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Your winter snowfall predictions here

Ginx snewx

I am 100% convinced we have lost March for winter wx in the current climate. maybe it goes back the other way down the road..but for now..we need to plan on having 3 months of winter..and if we're lucky some years, it starts in November

If that's the case than a lousy Dec. will have a lot of people depressed thinking there is only 8 more weeks of winter.

I don't know what the cause is but only one of the past 5 Marches has been decent and 3 have been horrible.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a time on eastern when we had a swct subforum along with a back and forth debate of whether SWCT was new england or mid atlantic. My post was meant to be comical, hence the popcorn.gif

I remember that, It does not belong in the mid atlantic thats for sure, Maybe NY Metro......lol

added KTAMARACK- New Sharon Maine 132 INCHES

Vim Toot is in OT hell I think but oh heck KTOOT- Somewhere in Buttfook Maine 165 inches

Thanks (though my attempted guess would drop everybody by about 20%.) VT home base is close to PQI, though that doesn't invalidate your present label.

LOL..so a record smashing winter for them by like 40 inches?

CAR had 198" in 07-08, PQI "only" 158" despite being only 12 miles south. I suspect much of the difference is measuring technique rather than gradient.

Thanks (though my attempted guess would drop everybody by about 20%.) VT home base is close to PQI, though that doesn't invalidate your present label.

LOL..so a record smashing winter for them by like 40 inches?

CAR had 198" in 07-08, PQI "only" 158" despite being only 12 miles south. I suspect much of the difference is measuring technique rather than gradient.

I was assuming he meant that for areas round NEw Sharon

In a gradient south winter?

I truly think that we'll need some help from the NAO or hopefully a NPAC type ridging. If we do...then maybe it's not such a gradient around these parts.

It's funny...last year I never felt truly worried about the winter and my gut turned out right. This winter, I'm a little more nervous...for a couple of reasons. 1) The gradient..although I think overall KBOS will be on the better side of it. 2) Marine taint and a winter like '00-'01. It wasn't a bad winter for BOS, but when 40 miles away gets 60" more of snow....that is disappointing.

I do think if we can keep a semblance of blocking and/or some good ole NPAC ridging...that will make for a decent winter for a good chunk of SNE. If Steve is right...I'll take that snowfall in a heartbeat.

I truly think that we'll need some help from the NAO or hopefully a NPAC type ridging. If we do...then maybe it's not such a gradient around these parts.

It's funny...last year I never felt truly worried about the winter and my gut turned out right. This winter, I'm a little more nervous...for a couple of reasons. 1) The gradient..although I think overall KBOS will be on the better side of it. 2) Marine taint and a winter like '00-'01. It wasn't a bad winter for BOS, but when 40 miles away gets 60" more of snow....that is disappointing.

I do think if we can keep a semblance of blocking and/or some good ole NPAC ridging...that will make for a decent winter for a good chunk of SNE. If Steve is right...I'll take that snowfall in a heartbeat.

At least right now..I'm thinking blocking is going to be strong enough to force things south to some degree. I.e SNE gets more snow than NNE..not that they won;t get snow.just whiffed more often than not....but that the cold actually overwhelms the pattern so much that the natural gradient is forced south..that would mean the M/A does ok as well

Archived