KWILL- Worcester Mass 88 inches

KHUBBDAVE- Hubbardstown, Mass 97 inches

K40/70- Wilmington, Mass 81 inches

KCOASTALWX-Dorchester Mass 65 inches

KCCWEATHER.NET- Cape Cod Mass 44 inches

KMESSENGER- Plymouth Mass 52 inches

KSCITUATE- Scituate Mass 53 inches

KGINX- Moosup-CT 60 inches

Nice job Ginx, wow 17 inch gradient of snow 12 miles to my west at sea level, that would be incredible!! Good luck with the call, 48 inches is a huge winter here and 65 in Norwalk rivals last year!!:thumbsup: Congrats JD

Not going to use metars but rather some members locations

KWXFELLA- Boston 61 inches

KPOWDAHFREAK- Stowe Vt 134 inches

KWXWATCHER- Keene, NH 92 inches

KALLENSON- Corinth VT 124 inches

KDENDRITE- Northfield NH 121 inches

KMEKSTER- Gray Maine 98 inches

KMONEYPIT MIKE- Shelburne Mass 88 inches

KSKIMRG- West Chesterfield Mass 103 inches

KWEATHERX- Norwalk CT 65 inches

KLIBATIONS- Fairfield, CT 48 inches

KWIZ KCTRAIN- West Hartford CT 61 inches

KCOLLINSVILLE- Collinsville, ct 74 inches

KCTBLIZZ- Tolland Ct 77 inches

KCOASTAL RI- Westerly RI 44 inches

KNECT- Woodstock, CT 70 inches

KMATTMFER- Providence, RI 52 inches

KTAUNTON BOB- Taunton, Ma 58 inches

KAMYB- Blackstone, MA 66 inches

Good luck. Ballsy going higher for Keene than Shelburne. :popcorn:

My one gripe

Norwalk and fairfield are both on the sound but Fairfield is further north. Plus, two are like 10 miles away from each other.

Thats a serious gradient.

I've seen some impressive gradients in that area while growing up in far SW CT about 5 miles from LI Sound, but never quite that large or oriented in that direction. Usually snowfall increases from SE to NW perpendicular to the coast. Locations 10 miles inland at 500-600 feet ASL average about 38 inches a winter, while locations right on the sound are about 25 inches. My location at 240 feet would get about 31 inches a year. This assumption is based on overall climatology, but I have seen situations where a mesoband from a storm can upset the normal order of things.

Lower Fairfield County may not be the snowiest place in the world, but I've seen some cool things happen down there. I remember one storm in my childhood where south Norwalk got about an inch of slush while the northernmost part of New Canaan at 500 feet had 8-9 inches of paste. Seems like the Merritt Parkway is often the imaginary dividing line down there many times between the immediate shoreline and places that are just inland.

Nice job Ginx, wow 17 inch gradient of snow 12 miles to my west at sea level, that would be incredible!! Good luck with the call, 48 inches is a huge winter here and 65 in Norwalk rivals last year!!:thumbsup: Congrats JD

Norlun that pisses you off, time will tell

My one gripe

Norwalk and fairfield are both on the sound but Fairfield is further north. Plus, two are like 10 miles away from each other.

Thats a serious gradient.

Please submit yours

Good luck. Ballsy going higher for Keene than Shelburne. :popcorn:

Please submit yours you will get less QPF

I've seen some impressive gradients in that area while growing up in far SW CT about 5 miles from LI Sound, but never quite that large or oriented in that direction. Usually snowfall increases from SE to NW perpendicular to the coast. Locations 10 miles inland at 500-600 feet ASL average about 38 inches a winter, while locations right on the sound are about 25 inches. My location at 240 feet would get about 31 inches a year. This assumption is based on overall climatology, but I have seen situations where a mesoband from a storm can upset the normal order of things.

Lower Fairfield County may not be the snowiest place in the world, but I've seen some cool things happen down there. I remember one storm in my childhood where south Norwalk got about an inch of slush while the northernmost part of New Canaan at 500 feet had 8-9 inches of paste. Seems like the Merritt Parkway is often the imaginary dividing line down there many times between the immediate shoreline and places that are just inland.

Meso Norlun type that misses Fairfield, sticking with it. Please put some guesses up guys

Oh I know, I live in North Stamford and the gradient is insane. A few years ago I had over 6" while downtown got a 1-2 of slush. The 300-500 feet in elevation over such a small area can make the whole difference over such a small area.

It really is impressive in some situations. SW CT is not as flat as SE CT, so even though were further south, we still get more snow.

Overall, it has to be one of the most impressive microclimates in the northeast

Not going to use metars but rather some members locations

KWXFELLA- Boston 68 inches

KPOWDAHFREAK- Stowe Vt 134 inches

KWXWATCHER- Keene, NH 92 inches

KALLENSON- Corinth VT 124 inches

KDENDRITE- Northfield NH 121 inches

KMEKSTER- Gray Maine 98 inches

KDRYSLUT- Lewiston Maine 115 inches

KMAINEJAYHAWK- Limington, Maine 101 inches

KLOGAN- Knox NY 95 inches

KMONEYPIT MIKE- Shelburne Mass 88 inches

KSKIMRG- West Chesterfield Mass 103 inches

KWEATHERX- Norwalk CT 65 inches

KLIBATIONS- Fairfield, CT 48 inches

KWIZ KCTRAIN- West Hartford CT 61 inches

KCOLLINSVILLE- Collinsville, ct 74 inches

KCTBLIZZ- Tolland Ct 77 inches

KCOASTAL RI- Westerly RI 44 inches

KNECT- Woodstock, CT 70 inches

KMATTMFER- Providence, RI 52 inches

KTAUNTON BOB- Taunton, Ma 58 inches

KAMYB- Blackstone, MA 66 inches

Adjusted Jerry because he is not Logan airport

Added

KDRYSLUT- Lewiston Maine 115 inches

KMAINEJAYHAWK- Limington, Maine 101 inches

KLogan- Knox NY 95 inches

Ok reasoning

AO/NAO negative phase dominates, steeper gradient with more prolific snow CNE NNE. Lots of coastals which are wound up causing much more of a threat of precip changes closer to the coast. Cold periods will be very cold this year which will piss a lot of us far SNERS off because we mix after extended cold snaps. I can not put a finger on March at all, wild card, if it overperforms central coastal areas will benefit more than SW CT areas. 70/71 analog again this season. Lots of excellent synopsis of all the indices already done by the pro long rangers, pretty much in agreement with what they have to say, Dec and Jan look pretty damn good. We have continued so far to see an abundance of moisture on the East Coast, I see no reason that does not continue. Skiers rejoice, many pow pow days incoming.

Ok reasoning

AO/NAO negative phase dominates, steeper gradient with more prolific snow CNE NNE. Lots of coastals which are wound up causing much more of a threat of precip changes closer to the coast. Cold periods will be very cold this year which will piss a lot of us far SNERS off because we mix after extended cold snaps. I can not put a finger on March at all, wild card, if it overperforms central coastal areas will benefit more than SW CT areas. 70/71 analog again this season. Lots of excellent synopsis of all the indices already done by the pro long rangers, pretty much in agreement with what they have to say, Dec and Jan look pretty damn good. We have continued so far to see an abundance of moisture on the East Coast, I see no reason that does not continue. Skiers rejoice, many pow pow days incoming.

Throw in a fair amount of weenieness ..

Hope it pans out :snowman:

MEH, the weenie side of me would have put you in the 90s if I thought March would rock. pretty level headed well thought out process. I just busted Joes balls for his never ending summer. seriously think him and X are about 48.

I am 100% convinced we have lost March for winter wx in the current climate. maybe it goes back the other way down the road..but for now..we need to plan on having 3 months of winter..and if we're lucky some years, it starts in November

Ok reasoning

Epic

Archived