amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
our first nudge towards autumn comes thursday through friday

earthlight

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a good feeling the city wouldn't get below 50 as did many others here. My forecast of 50 actually was a degree too cool.

yea.. I thought most of the major NYC observation locations would hang in the 52-54 range, so it was a bit lower than I had thought.. at least Central Park was... I think LGA bottomed out at 52... it sounds like some parts of the city might have touched as low as 49.. GFS MOS looks to be busting low region wide.. Albany got down to 42, while guidace was suggesting about 38 or so.. glad I kept my forecast a few degrees above guidance... tonight might be a different story with a good raditional cooling night.... could dip a bit below guidance

I didn't officially check but it was 47 at 730 when I left. I'll tell you what though, it's really not that bad when you're in the sun and the wind is calm. It's gonna be a beautiful afternoon.

Still have an excellent sun angle, a month from now, not so much. The cold doesn't bite this time of year. I am playing 9 holes on Tuesday and although it will be in the low 50's to start the sun is strong enough not to need pants, can go with the shorts and long sleeves.

The GFS MOS from yesterday along with the NAM 2m t's were right on.

The 12z GFS MOS had 50 for NYC and the 18z had 51.

I guess I shouldn't have said region wide being busted.. I didn't check NYC GFS MOS too much lately.. Not sure why Albany is continually busting low for such a long period of time now.. it's really just on overnight temps. It is has been doing OK on daytime highs... Overall though.. in Albany, it's performing horrible.. out of 30 participants, it is almost dead last in temp forecasts for the 12, 24, 36, and 48 hour periods.. interestingly, it is performing the worst in the 12 hour period.

really? wow!! Are you in Nyack? My weather station right now reads 49.8... Looks like we actually had a good dip in temps during the final hour.. was as low as 46.7... so I can't say that it was too much of a busted forecast.

Im on top of the "mountain" that separates Valley Cottage and Nyack. But one of the town thermometers got down to 44 as well, Ive found this one fairly accurate for the most part too. I have no clue where its situated, either near town hall in New city or it might be at the town garage off of West Nyack road by you.

http://weather.town.clarkstown.ny.us/

Im on top of the "mountain" that separates Valley Cottage and Nyack. But one of the town thermometers got down to 44 as well, Ive found this one fairly accurate for the most part too. I have no clue where its situated, either near town hall in New city or it might be at the town garage off of West Nyack road by you.

http://weather.town.clarkstown.ny.us/

That one got down to 44.8 too...You need to move out of the bowl you live in! lol.

Archived