12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
our first nudge towards autumn comes thursday through friday

earthlight

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does Rockland county do with temps? You in the screw zone there for that too? LOL :P

it's funny you mention that.. I was talking about that earlier today.. well.. sorta... I was saying that the predicted lows in Rockland are almost always too low.. On a night like tonight, we should't be that far off the city's temps.. but we radiate farily well.. In the winter, it's a tough call here. I am in a relatively far south and low elevation.. places up by Bear Mountain climatologically do much better than me in borderline temp situations in the winter.

it's funny you mention that.. I was talking about that earlier today.. well.. sorta... I was saying that the predicted lows in Rockland are almost always too low.. On a night like tonight, we should't be that far off the city's temps.. but we radiate farily well.. In the winter, it's a tough call here. I am in a relatively far south and low elevation.. places up by Bear Mountain climatologically do much better than me in borderline temp situations in the winter.

Bear Mountain and Storm King are a beast in winter. It's fun driving up 9W....

as of last hour.. Jamestown, Saranac Lake, and Monticello had the lowest readings of 46.. Brookhaven is at 82 still and that ob was taken as of 10 minutes ago

Now I'm wondering.. how in the world can this Brookhaven ob be correct.. The station is BNL.. it is reporting 81 now.. is it still that warm in Eastern Long Island?? Am i seeing this right?

Now I'm wondering.. how in the world can this Brookhaven ob be correct.. The station is BNL.. it is reporting 81 now.. is it still that warm in Eastern Long Island?? Am i seeing this right?

Earthlight is out there with his spa blow dryer trying to hold on to one last smidge of heat

Nope, must be an error. 58 degrees here, 58 in Orient, and 63 out in Montauk.

ok.. i was about to say.. I don't know what the deal is with this utility I use for obs.

:huh:

The weather observed at BROOKHAVEN LAB, NY (KBNL) at 07:55 PM EDT was:

The skies were mostly clear.

Temperature: 81F ( 27C) Dewpoint: 73F ( 23C) Relative Humidity: 79%

Winds from the CLM(CLM degs) at 0 mph.

Altimeter:29.90 inches of mercury.

The prevailing visibility was 10 miles.

I didn't realize you were at the bottom of the county, I thought you were near Bear Mountain. I grew up 30 minutes from bear mountain, they do quite well up there in the winter.

I didn't realize you were at the bottom of the county, I thought you were near Bear Mountain. I grew up 30 minutes from bear mountain, they do quite well up there in the winter.

yea.. well, pretty close to the bottom. I'm in Nanuet.. Essentially, the only town between me and Bergen County is Pearl River.. I'm essentially like 5 miles from the state line... although there are places in the county further south and east of me.. the most extreme being Palisades, NY, where Lahmont Doherty Observatory is. That location is basically the extreme southeastern corner of NY state.

yea.. well, pretty close to the bottom. I'm in Nanuet.. Essentially, the only town between me and Bergen County is Pearl River.. I'm essentially like 5 miles from the state line... although there are places in the county further south and east of me.. the most extreme being Palisades, NY, where Lahmont Doherty Observatory is. That location is basically the extreme southeastern corner of NY state.

I guess I should have looked at your reporting station, DUH!

Archived