Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central PA Fall Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any mets have thoughts on this?? Will the 3 hour break alleviate some flooding??

Not long enough of a break... Precipitable water content is very high over the area and moisture transport is moving north right up the coast... can see quite a bit more rain in the next several hours which the streams and creeks def cant handle let alone a rapidly rising susquehanna river...

here is a link off of SPC's website that may interest some that have never seen it before... http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/viewsector.php?sector=16

There's a guy on the York Daily Record newspaper site who comments all the time on how the weather forecasts are always going to be wrong because forecasters are never right, etc. but when the forecast is right, he deletes his comments.

Guess what he did today?

lol, i guess his fingers were stuck to the delete button today?

i just went and checked my house. There is a little moisture around my basement walls, no biggie yet, however, my sister next door has 6" in their basement

Someone designed our basement to flow the water in a channel and out a drain. It's weird but it works. There's like a creek down there. Only has happened a few times since we've lived there.

Yeah I mean that general area for now. Harrisburg mght get some more action later on.

Going to be interesting to see what the Middletown gauge records after that blob north of Harrisburg moves through.

It will build west as the trough goes negative. The setup and dynamics for heavy rain over the susq valley are unreal with the added tropical moisture feed from katia

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

so we (meaning my home area) has already surpassed the 6" projected. could we double that and make it 12"? son of a *****

:maprain::flood: CD High School and nearby Elementary school. keeping students on site, not permitting parents to pick them up and not allowing busses in. I can hear the outcry now. I'd be PO'd if I had kids there.

I just read that on Pennlive. It probably is the best thing, to shelter them in place. Its not an uncommon move during an emergency situation.

I just read that on Pennlive. It probably is the best thing, to shelter them in place. Its not an uncommon move during an emergency situation.

I can understand the thought, but no way anyone can tell me that after I get there they won't release my child. OMDB! I'm taking my kid - this is not a nanny state last time I checked (or is it?)

Archived