Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Central PA Fall Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look out Hazleton.

Pretty classic ingredients for heavy rain right now. Low level convergence, mid level convergence too where strong se-sse jet meeting up with more ssw winds behind the 925-850mb fronts. You then throw in the lift from jet entrance region and boom. Not to mention a little orographic help too.

All the way up through Binghamton looks to be under the gun as well, got a couple texts from a friend up there and it sounds like things are already very bad. Can't get over the setup and endless plume of intense rain/storms.

Susquehanna is predicted to go to 38 feet Friday morning that is 3 feet below agnes. IF we get one or two more inces then we will be in up the creek. all valley schools have closed. still waiting on colleges. County EMA has asked for schools to close tomorrow and Friday.

Where did you see about the EMA cancelling school? My kids go to Crestwood and I think we are only ones open.

Susquehanna is predicted to go to 38 feet Friday morning that is 3 feet below agnes. IF we get one or two more inces then we will be in up the creek. all valley schools have closed. still waiting on colleges. County EMA has asked for schools to close tomorrow and Friday.

Mayor Leighton was just on The Weather Channel -- Luzerne County EMA meeting @ 11

Looking at LWX radar loop, looks like next batch moving through DC now may shift more towards Harrisburg-York. Yeah, BGM getting crushed again, 0.34" in last 25 minutes. Incredible rainfall today for that area.

Those plumes are streching all the way down into northern North Carolina.

Where did you see about the EMA cancelling school? My kids go to Crestwood and I think we are only ones open.

EMA manager suggested it at the 5:30 meeting at the EMA headquaters. My source was someone from our firedept who was at the meeting. (it should have been broadcast somewhere.)

I wouldn't surprised if Creastwood closed dur to the flash flooding.

Archived