Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Central PA Fall Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't independently confirm this anywhere, but 322 and 422 are both supposedly shut down, as it Cameron all the way from Herr past Macklay.

i just heard a wreck near the Walmart near there and also somebody stranded on the roof of their car down that way too. So they Probably are closed

Most towns have some roads closed but a dam is breaching above picture rocks.

Glen Mawr has a mandatory evacuation up, and they need helicopters to rescue people whose houses are in danger of washing away. But the helicopters cant fly. visibility is too low.

Loyalsock is suppose to crest at 19.6 all time high. Just announced on the scanner.

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=ctp&gage=loyp1&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1%22

Radar shows the rain pretty nearly over for MDT for now. Is there another batch supposed to move in or something? Because I'm not seeing much at all more.

Watch for the axis of the precip to orient s/e - n/w as the trough goes slightly negative. Much more moisture to tap and there's plenty of rogue cells still coming up through NC/VA

Katia getss involved with her outer bands adding to the mix.

Probaby the insane bands are done for the Cap region for now. But we're not out of the woods just yet.

My 10-11 minute drive home from work took upwards of 25 minutes today. Tried three different routes before there was one I felt safe on. Haven't seen water like this since Ivan in 2004. We've had 2.57" today, for a storm total of 7.49" so far. Hopefully this break we're in sticks around a bit longer.

I wonder about the 422 sinkhole in Palmyra. I'm in Annville and definitely staying put.

I use to work at the bowling alley. It probably opened up and swallowed the place. laugh.gif

My 10-11 minute drive home from work took upwards of 25 minutes today. Tried three different routes before there was one I felt safe on. Haven't seen water like this since Ivan in 2004. We've had 2.57" today, for a storm total of 7.49" so far. Hopefully this break we're in sticks around a bit longer.

I think this might surpass Ivan. There are flooded roads, that I have never seen flooded before. Roads that are nowhere near creeks.

A student of mine made it from Annville to Myerstown in two hours this afternoon. Glad you're safe!

Wow someone tried to cross a flooded road in a van. Now floating down Muncy creek and they are talking to the driver on cell. Says the van is starting to fill with water. They are trying to track the persons location through cell phone.

Why does people have to be so stupid!!

i truly feel for all the fire fighters/rescue workers that have to risk their lives due to peoples blatant stupidity.

32 Widespread flooding occurs on both banks. The square and central business district in Harrisburg begin to be affected.

30 Widespread flooding occurs on both banks.

28 Widespread flooding occurs in the residential sections of Front and Second Streets and in the Shipoke area of Harrisburg.

26 Green and Vaughn Streets flood.

24 The residential section of Front and Second Streets in Harrisburg flood at this level. Cameron Street in Harrisburg floods due to backwater from Paxton Creek.

Wow someone tried to cross a flooded road in a van. Now floating down Muncy creek and they are talking to the driver on cell. Says the van is starting to fill with water. They are trying to track the persons location through cell phone.

Why does people have to be so stupid!!

i truly feel for all the fire fighters/rescue workers that have to risk their lives due to peoples blatant stupidity.

It's just maddening.

Archived